• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Marvel anyone?

141 posts in this topic

mmmm...church....

yep, I have a lead on a #1, but I still need a 6, a NINE 893whatthe.gif, and a 17 to finish the 1-25 whiz run...I was going to wait till I had them all, but figured, what the heck...these are great, fun early books of my second favorite GA hero!....going to work on CMA 1-12 too, but that is next year...

rick

Here are some examples.....

1657982-whiz6.jpg1657982-whiz17.jpg1657982-whiz1.jpg1658087-whiz4.jpg1658087-whiz7.jpg

hail.gif YOWZA 893whatthe.gif

Lovely books Jon! Especially the #2(1)

I bought it restored, but it has bone white pages and for the budget i was on then (and now for that matter), it suited my purposes...jon

It would suit mine just fine too! wink.gif

the budget i was on then (and now for that matter), it suited my purposes...jon

After seeing all the phenominal books that you have it never even occured to me that you could have a budget 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Wanna trade budgets? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifdevil.gif

My budget, regardless of the total dollar amount, has always been less than my desires. frown.gif

the budget i was on then (and now for that matter), it suited my purposes...jon

After seeing all the phenominal books that you have it never even occured to me that you could have a budget 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Wanna trade budgets? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifdevil.gif

My budget, regardless of the total dollar amount, has always been less than my desires. frown.gif

amen to that... frustrated.gif

hello all...

I was just re-reviewing all 150 pages of the GA group shot (WOW, I have done it 3 x before, and I am still blown away each time I see some of those fantastic group shots)...Centaurman's are among my favorite, and while I know he has relieved himself of most of the comics in this shot (a few to me!, thanks!), I figured this was an appropriate thread to drool, I mean, post them in:

groupshotwhiz.jpg

rick

Anybody got a nice Captain Marvel 18? With Mary being a focus for me I'm partial to that cover. Now if only I could afford one of the copies Metro has frustrated.gif

hello all..

I have seen no less than 5 copies on ebay in the past few months, so they are pretty common (and some go pretty cheap)...it is a nice painted cover!

rick

I have seen no less than 5 copies on ebay in the past few months, so they are pretty common (and some go pretty cheap)...it is a nice painted cover!

rick

See now that's odd because I have that as one of my "favorite searches" so I get e-mails whenever they hit ebay, but haven't seen one on there in a while.. Christo_pull_hair.gif

rick

See now that's odd because I have that as one of my "favorite searches" so I get e-mails whenever they hit ebay, but haven't seen one on there in a while.. Christo_pull_hair.gif

There's another on right now:

Captain Marvel 18

Maybe your search criteria is one letter or digit off confused-smiley-013.gif

rick

hello all...

there is one on there right now (Item number: 130085537769, a 4.5, I am currently high bidder), and I bid on (and lost) one last week? (a 5.0)... and have seen, as mentioned, no less than 5 copies since I started my Marvel quest last year (and metro has one right now)

rick

there is one on there right now (Item number: 130085537769, a 4.5, I am currently high bidder), and I bid on (and lost) one last week? (a 5.0)... and have seen, as mentioned, no less than 5 copies since I started my Marvel quest last year (and metro has one right now)

rick

That is so odd... that copy didn't pop up in my search e-mail. If you're the high bidder on it I'll let you run with it. I'd kind of like something above 7.0 anyway. I've been looking at Metro's since the popped it up there over a year ago, but the date stamp and the stains bother me. They're not that bad, but at $1300 I'm hoping to get one without those issues.

oh... and didn't someone here mention ebay seller kosmickat before? It's an interesting sales tactic to suggest that timely's are graded more liberally then other GA and that this one should be popped out of it's case and sold as a higher grade 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Cioric's Tec inspired me to make my latest purchase which has now decimated my back issue budget for the year--but I couldn't be happier! I stewed on it hard for about a week, and then justified it by the "get the keys first" logic, and here I am.

It's a slight resto from Metro. They bought it from a collector there in the city in 04. If anyone else has any history I'd appreciate it; the story is part of the book!

cma1f.jpg

cma1r.jpg

Cioric's Tec inspired me to make my latest purchase which has now decimated my back issue budget for the year--but I couldn't be happier! I stewed on it hard for about a week, and then justified it by the "get the keys first" logic, and here I am.

It's a slight resto from Metro. They bought it from a collector there in the city in 04. If anyone else has any history I'd appreciate it; the story is part of the book!

cma1f.jpg

cma1r.jpg

a true beaut...congrats!

rick