• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Marvel anyone?

141 posts in this topic

whiz1x2.jpg

ok, so I had to post in 3 different threads smile.gif ...this book is without a doubt on my top 5 all time favs!

gator

CONGRATS!!

Why have one when you can have two grin.gif

When does the slab group shot come? has it been 40 days yet???

whiz1x2.jpg

ok, so I had to post in 3 different threads smile.gif ...this book is without a doubt on my top 5 all time favs!

gator

CONGRATS!!

Why have one you can have two grin.gif

When does the slab group shot come? has it been 40 days yet???

when the #2 (1) comes back 2.5 blue smile.gif

gator

well, my good news is that the unrestored whiz graded out 3.0 with off white pages!...I am so stoked!

gator

Nice! You never see this book in unrestored condition with off-white or better pages. thumbsup2.gif

thanks folks!....and what is even more enjoyable, is I finally found someone online that had the 1974-77 Shazam episodes on dvd (missing only the first Isis show, end of season 2)...now, they are pretty "bad" copies, but viewable, and still very enjoyable...my little dude now runs around the house yelling "travelying the hiways and byways"....shorly followed by "SHAZAM!" (over, and over, and over!)...as a youngster in the mid 70's, my grandmother made me a Capt costume (based on the TV show) and I remember doing the exact same thing my son is doing now...

ain't life grand!

gator

Chosen from among all others by the immortal elders - Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury - Billy Batson and his mentor travel the highways and byways of the land on a never ending mission: to right wrongs, to develop understanding, and to seek justice for all. In time of dire need, young Billy has been granted the power by the immortals to summon awesome forces at the utterance of a single word:

SHAZAM

A word which transforms him, in a flash, into the mightiest of mortal beings, Captain Marvel!

my son and I have been watching the old 1970's shows on dvd (we found a fellow that had collected them on videotape, has all but one episode, poor quality, but enjoyable enough)...and I was amazed at him (4 years old) when he starting reciting (or at least attempting to ) the "theme/opening sequence" of the show...so, I put an ear to computer and a finger on the keyboard....

brings back a lot of memories of me in the mid 70's, in my captain marvel suite my grandmother made me, jumping from bed to bed, yelling "shazam" (and wishing like heck it would really work!)....keeping the dream alive smile.gif

gator

Chosen from among all others by the immortal elders - Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury - Billy Batson and his mentor travel the highways and byways of the land on a never ending mission: to right wrongs, to develop understanding, and to seek justice for all. In time of dire need, young Billy has been granted the power by the immortals to summon awesome forces at the utterance of a single word:

SHAZAM

A word which transforms him, in a flash, into the mightiest of mortal beings, Captain Marvel!

my son and I have been watching the old 1970's shows on dvd (we found a fellow that had collected them on videotape, has all but one episode, poor quality, but enjoyable enough)...and I was amazed at him (4 years old) when he starting reciting (or at least attempting to ) the "theme/opening sequence" of the show...so, I put an ear to computer and a finger on the keyboard....

brings back a lot of memories of me in the mid 70's, in my captain marvel suite my grandmother made me, jumping from bed to bed, yelling "shazam" (and wishing like heck it would really work!)....keeping the dream alive smile.gif

gator

My costume consisted of a white pillow case tied around my neck. I swear I could hear the thunder strike and fly away.

I never did any of that. I personally liked the Hulk best at the time but never had sheets with movies or tv shows on it. Wasn't until later in life that I developed a liking to The Big Red Cheese.

I never did any of that. I personally liked the Hulk best at the time but never had sheets with movies or tv shows on it. Wasn't until later in life that I developed a liking to The Big Red Cheese.

better late than never!

rick

gs7072.jpg

just a bump with a 1-10 group shot...I have gone through 3 diff #10 issues, can't seem to find an unrestored one smile.gif

gator

Nice!

Where is the CMA group shot? I see you adding books to your registry poke2.gif

gs7072.jpg

just a bump with a 1-10 group shot...I have gone through 3 diff #10 issues, can't seem to find an unrestored one smile.gif

gator

Nice!

Where is the CMA group shot? I see you adding books to your registry poke2.gif

i am waiting on whiz 17 and then I will do a 1-25 whiz shot...and, I am waiting on a few cma from cgc to put that group shot up!

gator

Hey guys...thought this might interest you. I have been cosigned a collection of Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers comics and paper toys to sell on eBay. Mixed in with the bunch was this single Captain Marvel item....it is in fantastic, unused condition and made by Fawcett.

Steve

41851-cosingment016.jpg.aa1b1def83301627f0d5d189faad2708.jpg