• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Marvel anyone?

141 posts in this topic

Soon to be arriving at Chez Timulty:

Whiz Comics #72 CGC 8.5 Cream to Off-White Pages(Yeah, I know but it was a decent price) Crowley Copy

0223010002O.jpg

Question:

What is Colonel Sanders doing in a lab with a gorilla and a bald man with a ray gun?

Anyone have a reader copy?

What is Colonel Sanders doing in a lab with a gorilla

This was KFCs first attempt at expanding outside of a chicken based menu. The experiment failed miserably.

I thought that the Colonel tried out Buffalo Wings first, until he discovered that you can't keep bison in coops.

Gorilla Thighs would certainly be more filling.

Jack

w/ 11 secret herbs & spices

a file copy? or newstand copy? I'd thought all the file ones were C/OW

Nope, check out the Crowley's in Heritage's May Signature Auction.

I'm trying not to; it'll make me want to buy one sorry.gif

That's alright, I will do the buying for you. Of course, since it will be my money, you won't get the book(s) but I will enjoy it in proxy for you.

That's alright, I will do the buying for you. Of course, since it will be my money, you won't get the book(s) but I will enjoy it in proxy for you.

Sounds good to me thumbsup2.gif

capsr.jpg

ok, next to Batman, Captain Marvel is my favorite, and I dare say, during my childhood, rivaled even the Bat, for my time an energy...now, my cap 1 is nothing compared to Todd's beaut, but I will post nonetheless...

rick

capsr.jpg

ok, next to Batman, Captain Marvel is my favorite, and I dare say, during my childhood, rivaled even the Bat, for my time an energy...now, my cap 1 is nothing compared to Todd's beaut, but I will post nonetheless...

rick

Any copy of #1 is nice (and 2, and 3, and...)

Your #1 presents VERY well; can't see anything wrong with it at all in the pic.

BRAVO!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

That group shot will look pretty impressive as well!

capsr.jpg

rick

Any copy of #1 is nice (and 2, and 3, and...)

Your #1 presents VERY well; can't see anything wrong with it at all in the pic.

BRAVO!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

That group shot will look pretty impressive as well!

agreed, any cap 1 is a good cap 1....lots of work to the spine, but It present pretty nice...you can't see the color disparity in person (blues and purples) that you get with the digital camera...

but, i am happy!

rick

whizgroup.jpg

hello all...

did not intend to persue the whiz run post issue 25 until next year, but these kind of "dropped" in my lap, courtesy of bedrock...

rick

whizgroup.jpg

hello all...

did not intend to persue the whiz run post issue 25 until next year, but these kind of "dropped" in my lap, courtesy of bedrock...

rick

You gotta hate when that happens grin.gifthumbsup2.gif