• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Any Trekkies?

41 posts in this topic

I bought this model on ebay probably about 8 years ago already assembled and finally got around to painting it this winter. Since I use oil paints, it's a long process waiting between drying times, but just got it done today! It's probably the best paint job I've ever done on a kit so far. Have a look... spock2.jpg

awesome thumbsup2.gif

i wish they would start up another tv series

Nice job!

By the way, they are redoing the CG effects on the old episodes and showing them on the weekends I think. (They're called Star Trek Remastered or something like that.)

Ooops, forgot to mention it's the 1968 AMT kit. They re-issued this kit with just Spock, not the serpents in the '90's. There is a UK version of this kit that was issued by Aurora in the 60's or early '70's which was quite the switch from the norm of everyone else re-issuing Aurora kits.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! Here's a detail of Spock from the front view...

spock3.jpg

That looks Badass. I was just watching Voyager a few minutes ago. I DVR everyday on spike. I have seen Gimli (from LOTR), Rom, Nog and a few other new movie stars in the past few weeks on old eps. I also saw the oldest Dr. from Scrubs on TNG last week. A lot of people have had bit parts in ST at one time or another.

awesome thumbsup2.gif

i wish they would start up another tv series

I was devastated when they dropped "Enterprise", they could have kept it on another year and wrapped it up.

it got good with the zindi storyline...

all the star trek shows have been good TNG, DS9, Voyager...

There's a new ST movie in development, directed by J.J. Abrams, and written by a couple of his writers from "Alias". My understanding is that it's about Kirk & Spock when they were in the academy. It's scheduled for release in 2008.

It was one of the few shows I looked forward too and they seemed to be hitting their stride when they got yanked. I also had a problem with them Killing off Tripp that way. T'Pol was also something nice to look forward too. All the ST series have been top notch. Doctor Who fills the void a bit , but it's not something that I grew up with like Star Trek. Ih well, maybe someday they'll have a fresh idea.

Great job, iggy!

Yes, the remastered original series episodes are pretty cool. The new CG is very tastefully done.

Despite my earlier reservations, I'm really liking these new remastered episodes. I haven't "really" watched TOS in years and rewatching these episodes just reinforces why I liked the show all those years ago...they are pretty damn good...

Jim