• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would get you to sell your most prized comics?

47 posts in this topic

hello all...

I have often thought what "item(s)" out there would mean more to me to own, than the comics from the hobby I love...I can only think of one thing that would get me to sell my most prized comics ...and that is a 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO...that is about it...outside of that, I can't readily think of anything that I would want to sell my collection for (short of financial hardship, etc)....

curious about my fellow board members' thoughts...

rick

hello all...

I have often thought what "item(s)" out there would mean more to me to own, than the comics from the hobby I love...I can only think of one thing that would get me to sell my most prized comics ...and that is a 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO...that is about it...outside of that, I can't readily think of anything that I would want to sell my collection for (short of financial hardship, etc)....

curious about my fellow board members' thoughts...

rick

I'm sure there's something that would but it's enough outside the realm of probability that I haven't seen it's shadow.

if my family was held hostage, and I needed the money to get them back. As much as I love my books and this hobby, it means nothing when compared to my wife and kids.

Already have the home and two cars so only the wife and family would get me sell also.

I got a 1973 lotus for $12,000 once, and another time a 1972 Ford Pantera for a song, an 1984 1.5 million dollar ferrari (288 gto) would do it for my comics, still holding a couple sentimentals back but nothing $$. Soooo my estate would probably enjoy the fruits of my efforts of the last 27 years.. And rightly so, I'm a cad.

I'd trade my comics for a house.

Then again, it'd be a pretty crappy house because my comics aren't worth that much. Maybe I should just sell them for a hot tub...

What's it tell you when my wife says "No no. Keep the comics" though? laugh.gif

In the 80's I sold of the majority of my GA books to fund the down payment on my first home. For approximately the last eight years I have been using a fair portion of my disposable income in an attempt to get back some of my favorite of the lot. I regret selling the books however at the time it was the right decision.

I'd trade my comics for a house.

Then again, it'd be a pretty crappy house because my comics aren't worth that much. Maybe I should just sell them for a hot tub..

27_laughing.gif