• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Comic-Con 2007 reservations open today at 9:00 AM PST

45 posts in this topic

Dammit, Holiday Inn at the Bay again foreheadslap.gif
893censored-thumb.gif
You're lucky you're getting a room. You can try the Pickwick again confused-smiley-013.gif
I was gonna suggest the pickwick. cloud9.gif
893naughty-thumb.gif
Good thing I have a car there, hopefully they have parking.
Yes, there is parking. But the SD daily rates are high. gossip.gif
at the hotel, doofus. Not at the parking lots around town. foreheadslap.gif

893censored-thumb.gif
You're lucky you're getting a room. You can try the Pickwick again confused-smiley-013.gif
893naughty-thumb.gif
I know what you meant. They are still high. confused-smiley-013.gif

893censored-thumb.gif
893naughty-thumb.gif
I know what you meant. They are still high. confused-smiley-013.gif
So are you. I see they have a 9 hole golf course. cloud9.gif

I got stuck there also. I wanted the Hyatt but it was sold out in like 5 minutes.

It is all a scam. I have tried for 3 yrs now. I have never been able to get through on the phone even though I have speed dial capabilities at work and had seven extensions redialing constantly. I got the closest I have ever come via the internet when it timed out and by the time I got back in the Hyatt was sold out on Friday. So I did what I do every year and called my travel agent who promptly booked me two rooms at the Hyatt at the non convention rate of $419.00 per night as opposed to the $242.00 convention rate. There were still a few rooms available when I booked mine if anyone really wants the Hyatt and does not mind paying the higher rate.

I spent 1.5 hrs on their website after 9:05 a.m. PST trying constantly to book hotels at different locations with a variety of twin vs double vs even single beds for my homeboy, greggy. Finally booked a room for them in boony land without a shuttle bus but greggy lucked out by booking the last hotel room cancellation himself on the net. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I spent 1.5 hrs on their website after 9:05 a.m. PST trying constantly to book hotels at different locations with a variety of twin vs double vs even single beds for my homeboy, greggy. Finally booked a room for them in boony land without a shuttle bus but greggy lucked out by booking the last hotel room cancellation himself on the net. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I didn't get through either... it froze on my confirmation screen and I never got the reservation number. My fax was also returned when they couldn't fulfill my request.

I heard their servers crashed a couple of times and had to be restarted.

I have relatives in the area and I could stay there for free actually... but it's quite a drive.

A lot of people overbook and then will cancel... so get on the waiting lists. Something will probably open up in the next few months.

I logged in immediately from work at 12:03pm and just waited out the slow load times. Nearly a half hour later I had my confirmation for the Marriott Hotel/Marina for Thur., Fri, and Sat. night headbang.gif

Why does Travel Planners not arrange rooms for Wednesday, Preview Night confused-smiley-013.gif

They didn't allow that option last year either sumo.gif

I logged in immediately from work at 12:03pm and just waited out the slow load times. Nearly a half hour later I had my confirmation for the Marriott Hotel/Marina for Thur., Fri, and Sat. night headbang.gif

Why does Travel Planners not arrange rooms for Wednesday, Preview Night confused-smiley-013.gif

Took me about 45 minutes. I'm at the Best Western Bayfront, and WAS able to book for preview night.

Took me about 45 minutes. I'm at the Best Western Bayfront, and WAS able to book for preview night.

I was able to book for preview night as well. I know the calendar only highlights the official con dates less the preview night but the scroll down allows for booking of other dates. hail.gif

...why do you have to make reservations now?... confused-smiley-013.gif...I got in at the Harbour Marriott last year 3 weeks before the show,...
Because not everyone is a Platinum member like you confused-smiley-013.gif Must be all the drug mule duties.

...why do you have to make reservations now?... confused-smiley-013.gif...I got in at the Harbour Marriott last year 3 weeks before the show,...
Because not everyone is a Platinum member like you confused-smiley-013.gif Must be all the drug mule duties.

...I can fit a whole kilo up there now,..not easy to do on a 9 hour flight from Columbia,... grin.gif

You have to manually change the settings I got a preview night.

It was tough but I finally got through the website at about 9:05. I made it to the credit card page. When I pressed the submit button, the credit card window closed and the page said it was contacting the server. That's the last I heard. I waited about 5 mins then had to leave for a meeting I was already late to (I was at work).

I called later and they said there is no record of my reservation. And, no more rooms available for Wed-Sun. 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif