• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,858 posts in this topic

Sometimes I wish I didn't already have the full run. I can't really fork out the dough for upgrades these days, which means I never buy any more Flash comics. :(

Well, you can always resort to actually reading them then!

Plus you might want to collect every book you see advertised in the pages of the Flash. That would be a lot of JLA's, Green Lanterns, Mysteries in Space, Atoms, Hawkmans, Sea Devils, Rip Hunters, Showcases, Brave & the Bolds, Superman Giants and Batman Giants. It might actually be even more interesting to track down every book advertising issues of the Flash! Great ads!

untitled4py8jm.png

;)

Edited by Hepcat

Here's one you didn't have!

Flash123WP.jpg

I was surprised when it came back a 9.4. Thought it would be lower because..........

Tom

I tried my darndest to win it when you sold it on Heritage. Thank god I lost, because I would`ve taken a bath of epic proportions on it!

Only if you turned around and immediately tried to sell it.

:makepoint:

The books really look good in person. I would have loved to crack them but I am a chicken.

Send me your #122 and #133 then. I'll crack them immediately. I promise.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

Here's one you didn't have!

Flash123WP.jpg

I was surprised when it came back a 9.4. Thought it would be lower because..........

Tom

I tried my darndest to win it when you sold it on Heritage. Thank god I lost, because I would`ve taken a bath of epic proportions on it!

Only if you turned around and immediately tried to sell it.

Actually, the more time that has elapsed, the more the price has gone down.

Sometimes I wish I didn't already have the full run. I can't really fork out the dough for upgrades these days, which means I never buy any more Flash comics. :(

Well, you can always resort to actually reading them then!

Plus you might want to collect every book you see advertised in the pages of the Flash. That would be a lot of JLA's, Green Lanterns, Mysteries in Space, Atoms, Hawkmans, Sea Devils, Rip Hunters, Showcases, Brave & the Bolds, Superman Giants and Batman Giants. It might actually be even more interesting to track down every book advertising issues of the Flash! Great ads!

untitled4py8jm.png

;)

Oo, I like it!

Flash and Adam Strange Mystery in Space are the only comics I've actually read in quite some time. John Broome & Gardner Fox & Carmine Infantino!

I think Doug has the first 100 books up in my run, so all the silver age are posted. I had a bunch of old label books and several were strong candidates for pressing. I chose not to because I did not want to press Western Penns and Pacific Coast books. I hope I am not leaving too much money on the table and I hope some collectors get them in there old labels and leave them. Did I make a bad choice?

I picked up this Anthony Castrillo commission this evening. It's an imaginary Flash cover loosely based on #150.

castrillo-flash-sa-cover-cgc-formus.jpg

I saw this on one of his update threads. That sketch is awesome congratulations enjoy it's awesomeness. :headbang:

I picked up this Anthony Castrillo commission this evening. It's an imaginary Flash cover loosely based on #150.

Hey, that's awesome! I really like it!

(thumbs u

But why did he not colour it like an actual cover?

???

Edited by Hepcat

(thumbs u

???

money! I didn't want to pay for color, and I usually like b&w better.

(thumbs u

???

I'm guessing you're not an OA collector.

Very nice stuff btw.

(thumbs u

???

I'm guessing you're not an OA collector.

Very nice stuff btw.

Anyway, I can scan it color it myself now. hm