• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
24 24

4,846 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2020 at 8:30 AM, flashlites said:

I'm on 753 of the current run so I have so reading to do to get caught up but i'm actually liking the story line! I loved the montage in 750! A story for each decade of the Flash! They must have had so much fun writing each era and they captured the story styles pretty well from decade to decade I thought!

I have not read 750, but have tried to buy pages from Johns Kolins Beer Run, and Scott has said a very firm no. He has never sold any of his pages from 182, or Commander Cold Flashpoint arc, which he wrote and now Beer Run. He and Johns are both huge Cold fans.

12 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

This one’s my favorite cover.  It makes Barry look super tough.

Flash #153.jpg

I love 153 too! Its in my top 5 of all time favorite Flash covers. I let them all rotate into the #1 position and spend time as the most favorite. Love that 123 and 147 too! Thanks for sharing!! ( for extra credit read page 153 of this thread :insane:)

Edited by flashlites

I waited a very long time before going to a US Con. First was Emerald City in 2018, then Emerald City in 2019 followed by NYCC later that year. What surprised me was how few high grade Flash books there were. In 2018 there were plenty of bronze 296-350s but a year later even they had vanished. The silver stuff was very thin. There were the usual wall books, 114, 112, 123, 110,139 and a few 147s, and a few very high grade under 130, but my dreams of upgrading and saving a bomb on postage was probably 10 years too late.

DSC05112.JPG

7 minutes ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

I waited a very long time before going to a US Con. First was Emerald City in 2018, then Emerald City in 2019 followed by NYCC later that year. What surprised me was how few high grade Flash books there were. In 2018 there were plenty of bronze 296-350s but a year later even they had vanished. The silver stuff was very thin. There were the usual wall books, 114, 112, 123, 110,139 and a few 147s, and a few very high grade under 130, but my dreams of upgrading and saving a bomb on postage was probably 10 years too late.

Maybe not.  People are so focused on Silver age Marvel that you might still be able to get some DC stuff on the cheaper side (With the exception of the keys of course).  Isn’t Showcase #4 around the same price as Amazing Fantasy #15?  I haven’t checked in awhile because I can’t afford either.