• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
24 24

4,846 posts in this topic

A unique comic with a pivotal story line. The first sign of the now famous Iris Reverse Flash thread, still running 50+years later. Broome was good.

And only non Cinf cover issue in the SA, as anything past 174 does not count ..Cover by his usual cover inker Murphy Anderson

DSC05973.JPG

DSC05974.JPG

I have read some of his pulp stories and he was a world builder. I sometimes wonder if comics gain was Sci-fi's loss. Gardner Fox did a lot more Sci-Fi novels than Broome, not sure if he did any, I have only read his stories in the pulps. Anyway comics would have been much poorer without him.

Ok folks, drum roll please ...... lol

Flashlight/Flashlight's hm and I have been working out the details of the pick the last issue of Flash contest from the 15 he has left to obtain. I will post the full rules in a new thread in comics general tomorrow, so mention in this thread you want to be in the contest now, to avoid the mad rush once this is listed in comics general, as the contest will be limited to the first 15 entrants.  The winner will be the person who picks the last issue to be bought. Be advised this could run well into next year. :preach:  So be patient fellow Flash fans, or become a psychiatric patient, as you sweat out each day of the contest for the next several months.  :bigsmile:

Due to a possible conflict of interest I will not be an entrant in the contest. 

Edited by frozentundraguy

17 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

Ok folks, drum roll please ...... lol

Flashlight/Flashlight's hm and I have been working out the details of the pick the last issue of Flash contest from the 15 he has left to obtain. I will post the full rules in a new thread in comics general tomorrow, so mention in this thread you want to be in the contest now, to avoid the mad rush once this is listed in comics general, as the contest will be limited to the first 15 entrants.  The winner will be the person who picks the last issue to be bought. Be advised this could run well into next year. :preach:  So be patient fellow Flash fans, or become a psychiatric patient, as you sweat out each day of the contest for the next several months.  :bigsmile:

Due to a possible conflict of interest I will not be an entrant in the contest. 

I am interested in participating in this contest.

Yes its been a quiet few days. But we did start the contest over in the general thread this week! I believe there are 2-3 spots still open if you'd like to join the fun. Just submit you list to Frozentundraguy. :)

Bought this back in around 1965, from my local newsagent in Hurstville, who got in very few comics, and showed about zero interest in kids paying their 20c. This has traveled from house to house for 55 years. Hmm don't know why but much more right side, and much less left, means more Dexter. 

Flash 165.JPG

Edited by Terry E. Gibbs

14 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Bought this back in around 1965, from my local newsagent in Hurstville, who got in very few comics, and showed about zero interest in kids paying their 20c. This has traveled from house to house for 55 years. Hmm don't know why but much more right side, and much less left, means more Dexter. 

Flash 165.JPG

Those Australian edditions are awesome! Thanks for digging it out of the box for us! A real treat!

2 hours ago, flashlites said:

Any idea on how many times Flash made the cover on those Australian compilations?

61 covers, (up to and including 175, the Superman race) including the B & B with Spectre but as they split stories it maybe closer to over 70, and with those 61 covers 105 and SC8 had two covers here, one for each story. Shown them before but why not again. after 146 Wonder Woman was left aside and Flash became one of the main feature characters used by the Publisher.

aSC8b.JPG

Flash 105b.jpg

Last chance Flash Fans to have your copy of Flash 165 forever immortalized on page 165 of the Flash Collectors Thread! Only 1 post left on this page! Going once...going twice... Get yer 166's outta da box and get those scanners warmed up, we're 'bout to turn the page!

4 hours ago, flashlites said:

Last chance Flash Fans to have your copy of Flash 165 forever immortalized on page 165 of the Flash Collectors Thread! Only 1 post left on this page! Going once...going twice... Get yer 166's outta da box and get those scanners warmed up, we're 'bout to turn the page!

That's great news because I have a newly acquired Flash 166, which will have to wait until my next post. :wishluck:

44 minutes ago, frozentundraguy said:

Someone recommended I try buying from mycomicshop. :whistle: I did and for the grade and the price they had this book at I was very pleased with the results. They had this book graded at a 4.5.

Nice one! What would you guess the grade to be?