• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,848 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2021 at 11:56 AM, Math Teacher said:

I purchased this issue from Pedigree Comics. In addition trying to purchase SC #8, SC #13, Flash #139, and Flash #140, I have decided to purchase all the SA covers with the Trickster. One down, several more to go. Sorry for the blurry picture; I really have trouble keeping my hands steady.

Flash152.jpg

Great looking copy. (thumbsu I would not be at all upset if you were to take another photo and post it. :bigsmile:

On 8/29/2021 at 8:05 AM, frozentundraguy said:

I acquired this copy of issue #136 today at the LCS. It's a nice upgrade from my other copy which has a red sticker in the upper left hand corner.

scan0668.jpg

Very nice copy, I have been after a nice raw 136 every time I get to a Con (from Australia that would be EEEC x 2 NYCC  x1) .Impossible to find.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:56 AM, Math Teacher said:

I purchased this issue from Pedigree Comics. In addition trying to purchase SC #8, SC #13, Flash #139, and Flash #140, I have decided to purchase all the SA covers with the Trickster. One down, several more to go. Sorry for the blurry picture; I really have trouble keeping my hands steady.

Flash152.jpg

113, 121 + 142, all good covers. Josh Williamson brought him back in 2019 after some editor had let him "die". Johns resurrected him in Rogues war, far too good a character to let go of. Not easy to write for. One of my all time favourites Trickster/Rogues stories was in Chuck Dixon's Catwoman. Really nailed the character.

Picked this up recently (not sure if I will try again - was not easy and it is Flash 155. The cover is one of the panel pages expanded. Note the colours and white paper. They used much higher quality paper than the US or Australia, this comic also featured Marvel characters as well. Thinking late 60s or early 70s. Not sure as they have been swallowed by the comic box monster. Have a Tec 359 from Germany as well, (brought locally) also has that same great PQ.

001.JPG

002.JPG

On 8/30/2021 at 8:23 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Picked this up recently (not sure if I will try again - was not easy and it is Flash 155. The cover is one of the panel pages expanded. Note the colours and white paper. They used much higher quality paper than the US or Australia, this comic also featured Marvel characters as well. Thinking late 60s or early 70s. Not sure as they have been swallowed by the comic box monster. Have a Tec 359 from Germany as well, (brought locally) also has that same great PQ.

001.JPG

002.JPG

Hey! What's Spidey doing in my Flash comic?! :roflmao: Lovie it Terry! and you're right that paper quality is amazing!

On 8/30/2021 at 8:23 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

001.JPG

002.JPGlol

Quality paper for a comic book? What were they thinking? lol  I'm kind of partial to Blitzmann as a name.

Here you go, folks. It's definitely better than my previous picture, but there's still room for improvement. I may just have to break down and buy one of those larger scanners that can hold a CGC case.

The most embarrassing thing is that I can't get a picture where the slab is completely vertical. You would think a former math teacher would understand the terms perpendicular and parallel.  :frustrated:

Flash152.thumb.jpg.719e186de40b728477cfd6771ac1dcef.jpg

Edited by Math Teacher

On 8/31/2021 at 9:08 PM, Math Teacher said:

Here you go, folks. It's definitely better than my previous picture, but there's still room for improvement. I may just have to break down and buy one of those larger scanners that can hold a CGC case.

The most embarrassing thing is that I can a picture where the slab is completely vertical. You would think a former math teacher would understand the terms perpendicular and parallel.  :frustrated:

OMG! That's an outstanding copy!!! Are you sure it's not a 9 or 9.2??!!

On 9/1/2021 at 12:08 PM, Math Teacher said:

The most embarrassing thing is that I can't get a picture where the slab is completely vertical. You would think a former math teacher would understand the terms perpendicular and parallel.  :frustrated:

Very nice. Glad Trickster has once more been retrieved from some dumb editors disposal bin. No longer just one of The Rogues and brings a different sort of menace from Grodd, Thawne, or the Rogues.