• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,849 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2021 at 9:54 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Is that 106 signed - if so who was it.

On 9/21/2021 at 10:32 PM, flashlites said:

It was Joe Giella I believe? Right KJ?

Correct! Signed by Joe. Got it in I want to say 2017. Bought that and a 4.5 All Flash Quarterly #5 that year with my tax return haha lol

On 9/26/2021 at 7:42 AM, SpeedforceKJ said:

C389420B-18DC-42F9-BE2C-4FD5107A202D.thumb.jpeg.30597dbb60c72e7ceb7e9db3ddf725b3.jpeg

Awesome! I was hoping we'd get to see that All Flash #5!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :cloud9:You are invited to also share it in the GA Flash thread. I know they'd also love to see it!

How many of us SA Flash collectors also collect GA Flash like me and KJ?

Edited by flashlites

On 9/27/2021 at 1:51 AM, flashlites said:

Awesome! I was hoping we'd get to see that All Flash #5!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :cloud9:You are invited to also share it in the GA Flash thread. I know they'd also love to see it!

How many of us SA Flash collectors also collect GA Flash like me and KJ?

I was a about to say no, but I try and pick up cover less issues or very low grade late issues with Black Canary, with Cinfa art. (Also pick up cover less All American with Harlequin, but that is another story.  )

On 9/27/2021 at 8:43 AM, SpeedforceKJ said:

Has anyone seen any graded pages of Showcase 4? I've come to accept I'll never own a copy but simular to how Batman 1 & Tec 27 in recent times have had pages graded, I want to at least own a page or cover to the issue just for collection purposes. 

I have not seen any. But it is something I may consider in the future. :cloud9:

On 9/27/2021 at 2:43 PM, Tghutcn said:

I don’t have really many silver age Flash I’d love to get more but I think this is the only one I have and I just got it I’m trying to buy off a friend the first captain boomerang and from there build up a run of flash 

8A05590E-7C53-4ACB-AABD-7880BD18283A.jpeg

One of my favorite covers. Darwin Cooke did a recreation. When I checked about buying it many years ago, his rep wouldn't sell it. So there you have, a classic. Congrats.

On 9/28/2021 at 12:12 AM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Not  bad way to start, with one of THE keys. (get 147 next, then 153, 165) and keep an eye out for a 123 in your price range. Also if you come across a 156, it has the best "Barry &  Iris" story in the run.

I’ll have a look at the shop where I bought this one for those issues I know 123 is unfortunately not in there but I might be lucky on the others