• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
24 24

4,846 posts in this topic

Any cover with purple gets my thumbs up but love the way this one is done (thumbs u

SCAN0282_zpsxhnjwckq.jpg

I like 145 also. Here's my copy with an interesting twist. It was a very early graded CGC book, they barely opened their doors for business. Graded 12/17/1999 and note the absence of a Page Quality on the label.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=31411&GSub=935

Edited by bomber-bob

Got a few early slabs also like that I see higher on resub hm

For me, I cherish the heritage of the label = not worth a resub. I would like to get it reholdered but I would chance losing the vintage label. I asked CGC if they could maintain the label, and though they would try, they could not guarantee it would happen. If I have a keeper book, I just don't see the point of resubbing. It's still the same book no matter what the label says.

Got a few early slabs also like that I see higher on resub hm

For me, I cherish the heritage of the label = not worth a resub. I would like to get it reholdered but I would chance losing the vintage label. I asked CGC if they could maintain the label, and though they would try, they could not guarantee it would happen. If I have a keeper book, I just don't see the point of resubbing. It's still the same book no matter what the label says.

I agree with you the slab is part of the history of the hobby, but you could free it from the slab yourself and submit it as standard and save the slab and label - but why bother really - if a book is clearly undergraded that can likely be seen through the slab.

Jim, That story of those mint Flashes gives me goosebumps. I came across a mint hoard of DCs in the late 60's that contained complete runs of Flashes and all the other major DC superheroes and it made me a fan of these for life. There is NOTHING like holding a newsstand mint copy of one of these Flashes in your hand and smelling the freshness of the book. That just doesn't happen much these days. Although I can honestly say the last time I held books like that was the ones I got from your LCS buddy - I suspect the same guy in your story. Mint shape Marvels are also a delight to hold in hand - but I always found the covers to not be as well designed as the DC covers and less glossy looking, more matte, but maybe that's just my memory of it.

Any cover with purple gets my thumbs up but love the way this one is done (thumbs u

SCAN0282_zpsxhnjwckq.jpg

I like 145 also. Here's my copy with an interesting twist. It was a very early graded CGC book, they barely opened their doors for business. Graded 12/17/1999 and note the absence of a Page Quality on the label.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=31411&GSub=935

Noteworthy on this spectacular cover is the superior drawing of Flash. One of the best drawings of him in the entire run. Infantino Anderson at their peak.

Jim, That story of those mint Flashes gives me goosebumps. I came across a mint hoard of DCs in the late 60's that contained complete runs of Flashes and all the other major DC superheroes and it made me a fan of these for life. There is NOTHING like holding a newsstand mint copy of one of these Flashes in your hand and smelling the freshness of the book. That just doesn't happen much these days. Although I can honestly say the last time I held books like that was the ones I got from your LCS buddy - I suspect the same guy in your story. Mint shape Marvels are also a delight to hold in hand - but I always found the covers to not be as well designed as the DC covers and less glossy looking, more matte, but maybe that's just my memory of it.

...D.C. definitely had better cover stock.... at least until Marvel switched to World Color in '66. You are right about Mark.... same guy that your Showcases came from..... believe it or not, those were undercopies from after that collection coming in..... even the 30. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jim, That story of those mint Flashes gives me goosebumps. I came across a mint hoard of DCs in the late 60's that contained complete runs of Flashes and all the other major DC superheroes and it made me a fan of these for life.

So did you buy any? Do you still have any?

???

Jim, That story of those mint Flashes gives me goosebumps. I came across a mint hoard of DCs in the late 60's that contained complete runs of Flashes and all the other major DC superheroes and it made me a fan of these for life.

So did you buy any? Do you still have any?

???

Yes :acclaim: No :flamed:

Not a comic but a new pickup, I can't wait to read this about 800 pages of flash comics

D4F859A1-1B3C-4661-AB4F-5447ABAFC80A_zpshrbnslmt.jpg

Wow! That's a big one! I have all the Flash Archives though.

hm

I have the smaller DC Archive #1, this was a present and is now my reader copy lol

If anyone`s considering bidding on the CGC 9.4 Flash 109 in the current Heritage Signature Auction, it used to be a 9.2 when it was auctioned by Heritage in November 2009.

Thanks for the heads up!

Scan0008_zpswjlfhhap.jpg