• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,848 posts in this topic

Hep; Yes, most of these were subsequently slabbed and sold a decade ago. These are raw pics that are in my picture file.

The first two however (#144 and 80 pg Giant #4) are still in my collection as well as every issue from 106 to 123 and 40 or so assorted others up to around #175. I have a pretty large bronze age run as well...

Here again are scans of my copies of two of the very toughest Flash comics of them all:

Flash20106_zpssr3x8w9w.jpg

d9c09ef3-6d52-4d47-badf-f20e60a0f7c3_zpsgpww9lq5.jpg

Does anyone have census numbers for Flash 105-109?

???

Edited by Hepcat

Here again are scans of my copies of two of the very toughest Flash comics of them all:

Flash20106_zpssr3x8w9w.jpg

d9c09ef3-6d52-4d47-badf-f20e60a0f7c3_zpsgpww9lq5.jpg

Does anyone have census numbers for Flash 105-109?

???

Those are two beauties for sure!! :applause:

Seems as though the 107 looks to be a tougher book to find (just based on CGC's Census), although that may simply be a result of the significantly higher prices garnered by the 106 due in part to OSPG calling it "Scarce".

Nevertheless, my early Flashes were almost all the results of trades or used book store purchases and are merely midgrade books at best... :(

You need a GPA membership. lol

Only for friendly discussion purposes. i'm not in the business of selling or trading my comic mags.

;)

And that's precisely why I didn't write about your 106 being worth a BOATLOAD... :o

Flash 105 - 371 blue label

Flash 106 - 181 blue label

Flash 107 - 89 blue label

Flash 108 - 100 blue label

Flash 109 - 144 blue label

Interesting! It's issues 107 and 108 that appear to be the sweet, or rather sour, spot in the run.

:juggle:

Only for friendly discussion purposes. i'm not in the business of selling or trading my comic mags.

;)

And that's precisely why I didn't write about your 106 being worth a BOATLOAD... :o

I have these two issues as well though:

21-08-201182418PM.jpg

Flash110.jpg

I believe they're classified as bigger "keys" or something like that. All I know is that I need too many of the issues below #116, and I'd still like to upgrade my #106 and #109!

(shrug)

;)

I have these two issues as well though:

21-08-201182418PM.jpg

Flash110.jpg

I believe they're classified as bigger "keys" or something like that. All I know is that I need too many of the issues below #116, and I'd still like to upgrade my #106 and #109!

(shrug)

OK, now you're just showing off... ;)

Grabbed this at the last comic show here in Philly, going to send it out for a cleaning and pressing. Flash Comics are getting expensive

falsh119_zpsni3n6oun.jpg

That is a lovely copy of an early Flash. (thumbs u

It's amazing to me how the hobby/boards have changed (ultimately accepted the inevitable).

We used to argue over the horrors of pressing and there were two distinct camps.

Those who were totally repulsed and those who felt that it was better for them to be the recipient of a higher grade/price on their own books.

I must have sold 200-300 of my original books untouched back in 2004-2006. And in many instances someone else bought, upgraded and profited from their "restoration". Fortunately I did quite well anyway as there weren't too many original collections unearthed at that juncture.

Now it seems all but a given that most slabbed books will have already been "restored".

You'll note the quotation marks as I'm not fully up to speed as to what is considered restored these days.

Times change - live and learn...

Grabbed this at the last comic show here in Philly....

Great looking copy!

Flash Comics are getting expensive....

Not too many titles feature better covers throughout the run.

:)

Edited by Hepcat

Grabbed this at the last comic show here in Philly, going to send it out for a cleaning and pressing. Flash Comics are getting expensive

falsh119_zpsni3n6oun.jpg

It's amazing to me how the hobby/boards have changed (ultimately accepted the inevitable).

We used to argue over the horrors of pressing and there were two distinct camps.

Those who were totally repulsed and those who felt that it was better for them to be the recipient of a higher grade/price on their own books.

I must have sold 200-300 of my original books untouched back in 2004-2006. And in many instances someone else bought, upgraded and profited from their "restoration". Fortunately I did quite well anyway as there weren't too many original collections unearthed at that juncture.

Now it seems all but a given that most slabbed books will have already been "restored".

You'll note the quotation marks as I'm not fully up to speed as to what is considered restored these days.

It seems many new to the hobby are just fine with pressing a book before grading, even if it doesn't need it. doh!

It's great for the pressing service people but for the hobby it's a joke.

Not every book needs a press and the idea of doing a cleaning on that book seems unwarranted

To each his own.

falsh119_zpsni3n6oun.jpg

It seems many new to the hobby are just fine with pressing a book before grading, even if it doesn't need it. doh!

It's great for the pressing service people but for the hobby it's a joke.

Not every book needs a press and the idea of doing a cleaning on that book seems unwarranted

To each his own.

.... maybe the book has some waves not visible in the scan, or some stacking dirt on the back cover..... which is common on DC books for some reason. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u