• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

Thanks Gentlemen!!! I love the rather crude charm myself well put!!!! I would say it's prolly a G/VG (Gorgeous to Very Gorgeous!!) :grin: By OS standards definitely a VG but submission wise I would guess G/G+...it does have a very small amount of glue on the spine but it doesn't appear to be assisting anything really so maybe a blue with a glue notation who knows its a crapshoot most of the time with that as far as I'm concerned. I wish it were more clear cut bc that can be frustrating seeing books with slight glue in purple and slight glue in blue...hey I made a rhyme lol

So as Ive posted earlier I recently acquired a grail of mine...SUPER MYSTERY COMICS v.3 #2!! This cover really has it all...Anyways it arrived a few day ago and I have been very excited to post it but needed a day off to do so...It had a pretty funky spine roll when it arrived but the book is really solid so I have had it under some flat books and weights for the past few nights and it is starting to shape up pretty well. The inside cover ad page is simply AWESOME and not on ComicBookPlus so here it is along with my favorite splashes from within the covers. The Buckskin centerfold splash is AMAZING!! If you enjoy it even fractionally as much as I have these last 2 days...well you get the point...enjoy :grin:

17394291983_6a9cdffe89_c.jpg

Congrats on that one very cool book inside, thanks for posting it. :whee:

Just noticed the skulls on the Buckskin splash page. :cloud9:

Edited by comicjack

So as Ive posted earlier I recently acquired a grail of mine...SUPER MYSTERY COMICS v.3 #2!! This cover really has it all...Anyways it arrived a few day ago and I have been very excited to post it but needed a day off to do so...It had a pretty funky spine roll when it arrived but the book is really solid so I have had it under some flat books and weights for the past few nights and it is starting to shape up pretty well. The inside cover ad page is simply AWESOME and not on ComicBookPlus so here it is along with my favorite splashes from within the covers. The Buckskin centerfold splash is AMAZING!! If you enjoy it even fractionally as much as I have these last 2 days...well you get the point...enjoy :grin:

17394291983_6a9cdffe89_c.jpg

Really really really really like that book. I'm glad I didn't bid on it!

:applause: Gino, great interiors! Again, that was a sweet pick up! The Clown made numerous appearances against Magno and Davey. As it was the golden age, he was a contemporary of the Joker. With DC filing suits like the did in those days, wonder why they let the Clown 'run amok"? But anyway, glad they did, Ace produced some very cool comic books! Thanks for sharing the interiors again. Hmm..something about those house ads..... hm Edited by Sagii

With DC filing suits like the did in those days, wonder why they let the Clown 'run amok"?

Probably because Ace financial backers included DC / Ind News "silent partner" and under-appreciated early-industry mastermind Paul Sampliner. hm

If there'd been a problem, a quick trip down the street would probably have solved it.

With DC filing suits like the did in those days, wonder why they let the Clown 'run amok"?

Probably because Ace financial backers included DC / Ind News "silent partner" and under-appreciated early-industry mastermind Paul Sampliner. hm

If there'd been a problem, a quick trip down the street would probably have solved it.

Wow! Didn't know that! But I've noticed from some of your other posts, you are extremely knowledgeable about 'insider' goings on and stats on/ about various golden age publishers. An asset and opinion of clarity to many a discussion on these boards. (thumbs u

Wow! Didn't know that! But I've noticed from some of your other posts, you are extremely knowledgeable about 'insider' goings on and stats on/ about various golden age publishers. An asset and opinion of clarity to many a discussion on these boards. (thumbs u

Absolutely great info and happy Ace was still able to give us THE Clown of the GA!!! (thumbs u

:applause: Gino, great interiors! Again, that was a sweet pick up! The Clown made numerous appearances against Magno and Davey. As it was the golden age, he was a contemporary of the Joker. With DC filing suits like the did in those days, wonder why they let the Clown 'run amok"? But anyway, glad they did, Ace produced some very cool comic books! Thanks for sharing the interiors again. Hmm..something about those house ads..... hm

Thanks Corey!!!!! I really appreciate that man!! someday we will have to meet up for a wicked group shot of all these cool funny books we have been acquiring!!! it's been real fun for sure :grin:

and :wishluck:

Absolutely great info and happy Ace was still able to give us THE Clown of the GA!!! (thumbs u

Thanks (thumbs u

Wyn was another of those guys (like Roscoe Fawcett, who I just have an incredible respect for) who quietly made a lot of good business moves. In a way, the Ace legacy has had just as impressive an impact on popular culture in the US as Marvel & DC, and continues to this day.

155505.jpg.d7b49f42278531ca0b4b2464287145b1.jpg