• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is a CGC 9.4 Spiderman #1 worth these days?

19 posts in this topic

right circumstance....one that has NOT been resubmitted 3 times (and whatever else was done) to get to 9.4...I could see it getting around 100 K

Metropolis: Note to self. Sell to Fourthworld.

My best estimate is $60-65K. Maybe $70K for a perfectly centered copy with white pages, but I think that's pushing the outer limit given how many 9.6s are out there and available for roughly $35-40K more.

werent the 9.6 sales records at 90-110K all for that maligned Parrino copy?

Yep, twice on Heritage and once on ebay. This same copy supposedly also sold through ComicLink to some doctor for $150K, but I only heard that through board rumor so I don't know if it's true. All that being the case, maybe you have a point. But then consider the fact that AF#15 in CGC 9.4 (White Mountain) sold for $126K-150K. I have to think that ASM#1 in CGC 9.4 is worth significantly less than AF#15 in the same grade.

are there sales records of the other 9.6s? Cant remember the details

Not recent public sales.

werent the 9.6 sales records at 90-110K all for that maligned Parrino copy?

Yep, twice on Heritage and once on ebay. This same copy supposedly also sold through ComicLink to some doctor for $150K, but I only heard that through board rumor so I don't know if it's true.

It's true, as it was confirmed to me by the owner, the mythical Chocolate Man.

All that being the case, maybe you have a point. But then consider the fact that AF#15 in CGC 9.4 (White Mountain) sold for $126K-150K. I have to think that ASM#1 in CGC 9.4 is worth significantly less than AF#15 in the same grade.

True. Therefore my estimate of $55-65K. I think $70K or more would be awfully high considering a 9.6 only barely cracked $100K.

Uh, thinly veiled attempt to advertise a copy for sale...? shy.gif

Would he ever do something like that? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe he just misplaced his copy of Overtstreet? (Man, this would be the perfect place for a "fist-stroking-air" graemlin.

Rick

or maybe he's in the market buying one, and looking to see what the potential upside is these days.....

good for him if he's got one on line. cloud9.gif