• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

As we start blazing through these I want to comment on 50-63. Those B&B's in that run are just great books, good art and stories. 50, 1st team up issue, 51 awesome Hawkman Aquaman teamup, 52 great war book, 53 Toth Atom and Flash story, great cover, 54 1st Teen Titans tryout, a classic book, 55 cool Metal Men book, love the cover on 56 with Flash and Martian Manhunter, 57 and 58 intro of Metamorpho, love how it says "introducing" on 57, 59, 1st Batman team up and a really great cover and story.

And it doesn't quite end there, 60 is the first real Teen Titans and intro of Donna Troy (great black cover) and 61 and 62 are mini keys in thier own rights with the reintroduction of Starman and Black Canary from the golden age and 63 has a very nice Wonder Woman and Supergirl teamup with a killer red cover.

B&B from 50-63 is really as good as it got for DC superhero's in the mid 60's, if I may so so!

Ummmm, weren't we supposed to wait to post the 53-60 until a #52 came along???

:taptaptap: :taptaptap: :taptaptap: :taptaptap: :taptaptap: :taptaptap:

Jeesh, fellers. . .give us war guys a bit of notice for cryin' out loud!

bnb52.jpg

In my opinion, this is one of the toughest [non-box] 12¢ers in grade. I'm NOT including romance or humor titles in that because those are in another realm of scarce. I consider the majority of the 12¢ B&Bs to be on par with comparably dated superhero books in terms of availability. The #52 was every bit as tough as most of the 10¢ DC war books. I remember looking through a number of collections (for sale and OO) and seeing every issue EXCEPT #52. I started having a complex about it. It was like #52 was just avoiding me. . .just to spite me. Finally ran in to one about 10 years ago. It's the Mohawk Valley copy. I know what you're thinking. . .tan pages. But the #52 has some nice OW pages. Cool book, too. I can't think of a war book that feature as many war characters as #52 did. Kubert art through and through.

:cloud9:

bnb52.jpg

In my opinion, this is one of the toughest [non-box] 12¢ers in grade. I'm NOT including romance or humor titles in that because those are in another realm of scarce. I consider the majority of the 12¢ B&Bs to be on par with comparably dated superhero books in terms of availability. The #52 was every bit as tough as most of the 10¢ DC war books. I remember looking through a number of collections (for sale and OO) and seeing every issue EXCEPT #52. I started having a complex about it. It was like #52 was just avoiding me. . .just to spite me. Finally ran in to one about 10 years ago. It's the Mohawk Valley copy. I know what you're thinking. . .tan pages. But the #52 has some nice OW pages. Cool book, too. I can't think of a war book that feature as many war characters as #52 did. Kubert art through and through.

:cloud9:

I don't think I have ever seen this book before. It is indeed rare. Congrats.

Agggghhhhh!!!! My fault, my fault! I miscounted.

doh!

And I was even wondering yesterday evening when and where the war cover was supposed to show up in this thread.

:blush:

I wasn't into the war comics as a kid because I regarded WWII as ancient history. I am now though since they're just so well done, and I badly need Brave & the Bold 52 for my collection.

:)

...and 61 and 62 are mini keys in thier own rights with the reintroduction of Starman and Black Canary from the golden age....

Here they are:

01-08-2012112714PM.jpg

01-08-2012112717PM.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat