• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

There it is B&B 1-200 in order! Every issue from a board members collection!

Thanks to everyone who participated, and especially to those folks who helped grind out 1-24, a beautiful group of books! Special thanks to Comick1 on posting so many high grade early issues, and Adamstrange fro breaking the log jam after issue 1 was posted! :applause:

Thanks to you, Danny! What an amazing run across the board. B&B is one of the quintessential DC runs. There's so much diversity in terms of artists, writers, and characters.

Now that all the covers've been posted, what're we gonna talk about now? Cool interiors? Acquisition stories? Ideas?

I know we (I) spammed this thread awhile ago with the whole non silver age portion of the run; let's see if we can't bring this thread back to life.

I just picked up this nice copy of 32 to upgrade my complete dog copy that I posted back awhile back:

bb32cgc.jpg

I know we (I) spammed this thread awhile ago with the whole non silver age portion of the run; let's see if we can't bring this thread back to life.

I just picked up this nice copy of 32 to upgrade my complete dog copy that I posted back awhile back:

bb32cgc.jpg

Dang! That's a dynamite copy, Dan. Congrats.

SLR

bb32cgc.jpg

SLR

+1 :applause:

I finally got around to adding another BB to my collection, I could not resist this copy.

BB_40_zps7a45bf40.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

bb32cgc.jpg

I finally got around to adding another BB to my collection, I could not resist this copy.

BB_40_zps7a45bf40.jpg

Those are both really nice copies considering how tough the Cave Carson title is to find in grade.

(thumbs u

bb32cgc.jpg

SLR

+1 :applause:

BB_40_zps7a45bf40.jpg

I like any of those Kubert covers for Brave and the Bold. I posted these in group shots but they need to be here too.

9011625280_4170333d95_c.jpg

9011624764_ebe390d718_c.jpg

So I was following a Brave and the Bod #78 Pacific Coast copy in 9.4 on the last Comic Connect auction. It went for $170 (I missed it by that much!)

I went and looked on Heritage and that book had previously sold for $201 in 2004 and then $538 in 2008.

And now $170. This isn't an anomoly, you can find all sorts of examples like this. Why do people sell stuff at such a huge loss in auction instead of trying to sell at a fixed price, or are all of these shill sales and none of these prices mean anything?

Anyone know?

Newest addition in my B&B upgrade collection, a very nice looking 7.0:

bb26cgca.jpg

That's a great book! Amazing coincidence - in the exact same month & year, the exact same writer/artists team (Kanigher, Andru & Esposito) did stories about task force heroes shrinking in size behind emeny lines- the Suicide Squad and the Minute Commandos in AAWS #74 !

AAMW_74.jpg