• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

I finally got around to adding another BB to my collection, I could not resist this copy.

BB_40_zps7a45bf40.jpg

Not surprising. I rate that as one of DC's best covers for the entire year of 1962!

(thumbs u

...or are all of these shill sales and none of these prices mean anything?

Anyone know?

With Heritage I'm guessing that the previous highs were due to shilling on someone's part to fluff up the market.

(shrug)

For some reason this book has eluded me till now. I just need one more issue above 100:

bb102.jpg

That's a nice, bright copy!

Another upgrade, a little lower than I usually like, but I did a buy the book not the label approach!

bb85.jpg

I've also found Brave & the Bold 85 tough to uncover in grade. Because of the off-white bar across the top, copies rarely look white, bright and new enough to me.

(shrug)

For some reason this book has eluded me till now. I just need one more issue above 100:

bb102.jpg

That's a nice, bright copy!

Another upgrade, a little lower than I usually like, but I did a buy the book not the label approach!

bb85.jpg

I've also found Brave & the Bold 85 tough to uncover in grade. Because of the off-white bar across the top, copies rarely look white, bright and new enough to me.

(shrug)

Nice!

I bought a 7.0 last year that presented well too. Considering what is happening to first appearances lately, you probably made a good call!

Thanks Silver! GOod call or not i think Hawkman is under-appreciated, im just glad to have in my collection!

Let's see your BB 34! And awesome #70!!!!

Edited by Mongkorn

I bought a 7.0 last year that presented well too. Considering what is happening to first appearances lately, you probably made a good call!

Thanks Silver! GOod call or not i think Hawkman is under-appreciated, im just glad to have in my collection!

Let's see your BB 34! And awesome #70!!!!

bb34cgca.jpg

bb34.jpg

WOw Silver! Awesome page quality and WRAP! (worship)

Im convinced there were 2 different color plates for this issue. A deeper blue like ours and a lighter sky blue. My search was made hard because i was wanting the deeper blue. Your copy is straight up awesome!

M