• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Thursday afternoon with Creig Flessel
3 3

84 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2021 at 5:20 PM, eschnit said:

Question, I could easily research it and find an answer quickly, but prefer to ask, as fans may have something interesting to add.  Did Flessel ever draw Batman or Superman?  When I think of Flessel and O’Mealia I think great early DC and no Supes or Bat.

...but very clearly I could be very wrong. For instance, top of mind, I can’t remember who the cover artist is for great Detective covers after 27 and before intro to the Boy Wonder.  I’m pretty knowledgeable, but obviously showing areas of ignorance.  Thanks for putting up with it.

Flessel was never the artist on a Superman or Batman story.  He did, however, draw the Crimson Avenger cover on Tec 34.  His initials are visible on some copies.

Detective34(BW).jpg

THIS just arrived yesterday and I am THRILLED to finally own my first piece of Creig Flessel original comic artwork, from a published comic book no less: Star Ranger #2! Here's also a pic of what it looks like published! You can see his trademark initials at the bottom right of the first panel. 

Star Ranger 2 Bull Moose Creig Flessel.jpg

Star Ranger 2 Bull Moose Creig Flessel pp.jpg