• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YOUR FAVORITE COMIC COVERS

177 posts in this topic

I'm only 23 years old, so I'm biased towards covers that have modern-day, popular characters. I really like the Hulk#100 Michael Turner variant and an old cover of Ghost Rider vs. Hulk from the 70's. What do you guys like?

1.) Please post your favorite comic cover if you can find it.

2.) Is it part of your collection or just wishful thinking? CGC? non-CGC?

3.) Why do you like the cover so much?

(If this is the wrong forum, I apologize!)

-Issa

Welcome to the boards! Here's MY favorite cover!!

FF1FC.jpg

I like it because it represent's some of Kirby's better earlier Marvel SA work. His BEST stuff was between issues 30-90 IMO. But this and AF #15 are covers that are instantly recognizeable...BTW it's NOT mine yet, but I'm working on it....

CopyofPicture177.jpg

Here is my favorite SA cover. I have many more favorite covers but not always the book. Give me time and I'll have them soon. ( I hope!!)

Greggy,

I bought more funny books this past payday instead of a scanner. sorry.gif

Welcome to the boards! Here's MY favorite cover!!

FF1FC.jpg

I like it because it represent's some of Kirby's better earlier Marvel SA work. His BEST stuff was between issues 30-90 IMO. But this and AF #15 are covers that are instantly recognizeable...BTW it's NOT mine yet, but I'm working on it....

NIce book Thomas!! hail.gifhail.gif

How are things going lately? confused-smiley-013.gif

That is a fantastic Steranko cover. 893applaud-thumb.gifCan anyone else confirm a story I heard that the received wisdom (at the time) was that green covers did not sell. Period.

So Steranko said that he could create one that would (maybe a bet with Stan?)

This is the result.

I mean I am willing to be proved wrong, I mean all those Hulks? But on reflection even the Incredible Hulk didn't sport an entirely green cover back in the day - more a green highlight kind of thing. Ditto Green Lantern, Green Hornet etc.

97792366288.136.GIF

cloud9.gif

BA....

xmen120.jpg

cloud9.gif