• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,415 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2024 at 11:14 AM, Marty Mann said:

Truly a classic cover...thanks for sharing.

Thank YOU for appreciating the book, Marty! I figured I was alone in appreciating Mutt & Jeff but I'm glad to know that I'm not! I only have a few, but I pick 'em up when they're either really nice or at least LOOK nice and are affordable. Here's another I got a while back.

Mutt & Jeff 26.jpg

On 2/19/2024 at 11:58 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I figured I was alone in appreciating Mutt & Jeff but I'm glad to know that I'm not!

Funny how posts on message boards can trigger old memories.  Back in the '50's my folks would get the Sunday Times newspaper, and sometimes go to my grandparents house that day.  They subscribed to the Herald Examiner, which had a different funny page offering.  In that section were Mutt and Jeff, The Little King, Henry, and I can't remember what else, but I sure liked reading them.

On 2/19/2024 at 3:16 PM, fifties said:

Funny how posts on message boards can trigger old memories.  Back in the '50's my folks would get the Sunday Times newspaper, and sometimes go to my grandparents house that day.  They subscribed to the Herald Examiner, which had a different funny page offering.  In that section were Mutt and Jeff, The Little King, Henry, and I can't remember what else, but I sure liked reading them.

That IS really cool that it jogged your memory of reading those strips! I too loved the Sunday funny pages growing up!

On 2/19/2024 at 2:58 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Thank YOU for appreciating the book, Marty! I figured I was alone in appreciating Mutt & Jeff but I'm glad to know that I'm not! I only have a few, but I pick 'em up when they're either really nice or at least LOOK nice and are affordable. Here's another I got a while back.

Mutt & Jeff 26.jpg

MUTT & JEFF  were everywhere in the DC Universe.

IMG  MUTT & JEFF #28 (AD)  (200 dpi).jpg

IMG  MUTT & JEFF #19  (200 dpi).jpg

On 2/21/2024 at 8:13 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Great stuff Marty! I know it's the wrong "Age" being Silver not Gold, but I DO have this original cover art from this run! 

Mutt and Jeff 140 cover art.jpg

TERRIFIC!...Thanks for sharing.

On 2/16/2024 at 7:35 AM, Straw-Man said:

this one is in s'sota getting put into a recil holder; they missed "mid c" the first time around, as some non-ped hound had tried to erase it and it's very light.  over to the right of "y," but hard to discern--squint and you can kinda make it out.

boy11.jpg

This cover is just so epic! :cheers: