• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Newt--are you becoming an Archie collector? 893applaud-thumb.gif

The Archie digests you find at the check out counters of grocery stores was my first exposure to comicbooks as a very very small child. I bought a lot over those first few years at least one a week everytime I'd go shopping with my dad. I eventually ended up trading them all for Store Credit when I got into Superhero books.

I've always enjoyed Archie and I like the style he was drawn in during the golden age so I figured I'd buy my first golden age Archie Comic. I"m pretty happy with the purchase.

"Cool book, it really ties the room together" 27_laughing.gif funny !, yeah, all thedude ever wanted was his comic back, I'm not greedy.

"Why only a 5.0 - looks nicer" -see below

"That's a gorgeous book!

"HOW is that only a 5.0? Interior damage? Missing pieces of the back cover? Water damage?" - on the back, at the staple area it has two half inch tears, and some minor dirt, but that's about it really..I'm glad the defects are on the back cover though.. thumbsup2.gif

Edited by thedude

Nice one Mark. Here is my latest.

Waiting on these!

Captain Marvel Adventures #84, CGC 8.5 OW pages

cma_iss_84.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures #147, CGC 9.0 OW to W pages.

Apparently, this copy is 2nd highest in the census. CGC really needs to update their census!!!!

cma_iss_147.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

The #89 is extremely tough. I've only seen one for sale since I started collecting Wings. Unfortunately I didn't have the money for it at the time so I'm still searching for one. Congrats on even finding one. My 91 is in about the same condition as yours, but I'm thrilled to have it.

They're a little ruff, but finding these in any condition has proven to be less than easy...

wings89.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket

wings90.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket

wings91.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket

The holy trinity of Wings bondage covers - well done thumbsup2.gif

Lubbers was definitely on a roll! thumbsup2.gif