• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Richard's copy seems to have richer colors than the Church copy. Is that an issue with the scan? Both beautiful books.

Rich's is the Church copy. Mine's the non-pedigree. I suspect it's just different scanner settings. It'd be fun to look at them side by side.

Anyone got one in VG? I need it to complete a column...

There's a 2.5 copy that's been sitting on Comiclink for years(literally).

Maybe because they are asking 4X guide! 893whatthe.gif

Yep. There have been offers for it, I think in the $150-$195 range, which is probably a price more in line with reality, but the seller apparently hasn't moved on his price.

Stubborn is as stubborn does... grin.gif

I'd pay double guide, but not quadruple.

How long has this been a multiple guide book? - I guess I was fortunate to pick up a VG on ebay or guide about 3 years ago.

I owned a copy of this years ago and (as usual) foolishly sold it. I waited a while for a reasonably priced copy to come up and recently got this off ebay for what I consider to be a pretty good price. If anyone has any other Harvey digests, I'm looking.

1690475-pocket1a.JPG

1690475-pocket1a.JPG.34b0d4514a7c180ea38a8ae8cf511df2.JPG

Edited by buttock

Came back from WonderCon to this happy comic waiting for me, but I've had the plague since then! Too sick to scan even, until now...

Jungle11.jpg

As soon as my Mystery Men #9 comes back from Mr. Nelson with its cover repaired, I'll have reached the 50% mark on my Gerber Photo Journal cover cover collection. yay.gif

I'm betting on the dinosaurs! 27_laughing.gif

Could you list how many you have now ??
In the last three years I have managed to collect:

Out of this World #1, Weird Fantasy #16, Punch Comics #20, Blue Bolt #105, Claire Voyant #1, Red Circle #1, Weird Comics #1, Liberty Comics #12, All Star #18, Exciting Comics #5 , Mystery Men #9, Weird Mysteries #2, Prize Comics #4, Superman #5, Mask #2, World War III, Planet Comics #4, Tomb of Terror #15, Terrific Comics #4, Jumbo Comics #10, Blue Bolt #111, Green Lantern #3, Startling Terror #11, Future Comics #2, Thrilling Crime Cases #49, Doc Savage #2, Fantastic Comics #5, Fantastic Four #1, Blue Bolt #106, Classics Illustrated #40, Military #13, Four Color #318, Jungle Comics #11, Mystic Comics #2, Feature Books #4, Contact #12, Silver Streak #6, Mister Mystery #12, Uncle Scrooge #1 (Four Color #386) and Captain Flight #11.

The average grade for all of these is VG or so. The worst is my FF#1 in Fair and the best is my WF#16 in 8.5. Terrific 4 and OOTW are at CGC right now. Mystery Men #9 is with Matt Nelson (which will make a grand total of two of the books that are restored). Sadly, there was nothing he could do to save my Fantastic Comics #5 (cover detached) because the paper is too brittle at the spine, so I need to slab it and hope for a qualified 6.5 or so.

I owned a copy of this years ago and (as usual) foolishly sold it. I waited a while for a reasonably priced copy to come up and recently got this off ebay for what I consider to be a pretty good price. If anyone has any other Harvey digests, I'm looking.

1690475-pocket1a.JPG

Man, what a killer cover. You sure know how to find the obscure gems!!!

Came back from WonderCon to this happy comic waiting for me, but I've had the plague since then! Too sick to scan even, until now...

Jungle11.jpg

As soon as my Mystery Men #9 comes back from Mr. Nelson with its cover repaired, I'll have reached the 50% mark on my Gerber Photo Journal cover cover collection. yay.gif

I love those early Jungle dinosaur covers. I may have to start paying attention to Jungle Comics to get those books.

crack11.jpg

Just back from CGC. Got this through a Heritage auction a couple of years back. I'm trying to get a cool cover from every golden age title and some of the Quality books are hard. Frankly their covers were some of the worst in my opinion. But I think this is a pretty neat Clock cover.

smash17.jpg

The Ray was a Great character with wonderful Lou Fine art. Unfortunately most of his covers were LAME! This is an exeption.

exciting4.jpg

Got this in trade from the Erroneous Geek (Xavier Logan) a few years back in trade. I love this cover. Looks like something from a turn of the century sci-fi pulp.

1690475-pocket1a.JPG

Nicely done - the Harvey digests are cool. Are the Speeds rarer than the Pockets?

slambang4.jpg

This came from Bachara and the Crowley collection. At one time in the early 80's I bought the Mile High Slam Bang 2 and 3 for $50 each. About a year later I sold them to Bruce Hamilton for $150 each. I made a killing. Darn I wish I had those back!!!!!!! While Slam Bang had a very obscure line-up each issue is a little treasure trove and I would put the covers of 2,3,and 4 up against just about anything that isn't a Timely.