• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,443 posts in this topic

It's been a long time coming for this one. Currently this is the highest census, but that won't last as it will soon be tasting sweet mylar. headbang.gif

1712988-supersnipe8.JPG

Now that is what I would call one amazing book! Talk about a scarce issue! Congrats, you must be flying high!

Now that is what I would call one amazing book! Talk about a scarce issue! Congrats, you must be flying high!

Thanks, I'm pretty giddy about it! This GA stuff is getting harder & harder to find. I often find myself thinking, "I'll never get a copy of that". So when something like this comes up, I feel lucky just to get a chance.

Exciting Comics #59

January 1948

Airbrush cover by Alex "Xela" Schomburg

This book has been high on my want-list ever since I saw a tiny b&w version years ago in some old Overstreet guide, but I never found a nice copy.

Well this showed up on Metropolis and I clicked the "Buy Now" button about 10 seconds later. 3 days from order to my doorstep and all is well -- thanks guys.

Airbrush cover cloud9.gif and a fetching Judy of the Jungle story drawn by Frazetta cloud9.gif

SOLD Shameless plug - this frees up a presentable VG+ undercopy, PM if you're interested SOLD

exciting59f-metrop.jpg

Exciting Comics #59

January 1948

This book has been high on my want-list ever since I saw a tiny b&w version years ago in some old Overstreet guide, but I never found a nice copy.

Well this showed up on Metropolis and I clicked the "Buy Now" button about 10 seconds later. 3 days from order to my doorstep and all is well -- thanks guys.

Airbrush cover cloud9.gif and a fetching Judy of the Jungle story drawn by Frazetta cloud9.gif

Shameless plug - this frees up a presentable VG+ undercopy, PM if you're interested

exciting59f-metrop.jpg

She looks like she's worth more than some sparkling beads. He's ripping that native off! Unless there is something going on that he hasn't disclosed.

Exciting Comics #59

January 1948

Shameless plug - this frees up a presentable VG+ undercopy, PM if you're interested

exciting59f-metrop.jpg

She looks like she's worth more than some sparkling beads. He's ripping that native off! Unless there is something going on that he hasn't disclosed.

gossip.gif he's trading for the rope...

He's not trading for her. It's for the pristine OO collection of minty GA in the hut behind her. Still a good deal though. smile.gif

I've always liked last issues ...well done agro23 and juggernaut 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I also happen to like first issues - personally, I think this is an important book and I extend my thanks to Bob Storms (HighGradeComics - an excellent dealer!) for this outstanding copy to fill a hole in my collection:

100_1761.jpg

This first issue also has a killer Fred Guardineer story:

100_1763.jpg

STEVE

I've always liked last issues ...well done agro23 and juggernaut 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I also happen to like first issues - personally, I think this is an important book and I extend my thanks to Bob Storms (HighGradeComics - an excellent dealer!) for this outstanding copy to fill a hole in my collection:

100_1761.jpg

This first issue also has a killer Fred Guardineer story:

100_1763.jpg

STEVE

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Not only does your camera have a "spine glosser", but it has a "page whitener" too! Those are unbelieveable.

That's his "Vancouverizer" if I remember correctly. 893applaud-thumb.gif