• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Hey gang! Just found this forum and just love it. Thought I'd share some of my golds.

My first gold, More Fun #35

mf35.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Jack

What a book to start off you GA collection! Very nice!

Welcome to the boards! hi.gif

Hey gang! Just found this forum and just love it. Thought I'd share some of my golds.

My first gold, More Fun #35

mf35.jpg

My 2nd, Captain Marvel Adventures #73. This book made me do a double take, my favorite.

cma73.jpg

My newest, Little Eva 3-d #1, even has the glasses!

le1.jpg

Great books! Welcome!!

Hope you enjoy!

Jack

Three more New Adventures arrived today:

#16: Not a very "adventurous" cover, but it's the highest-graded copy & used to belong to Ghost Rider himself! 27_laughing.gif

NewAdventure16.jpg

#19: With a nice Flessel cover.

NewAdventure19.jpg

#29: Another great Flessel cover. The colors are wonderful in person (my scanner does a horrible job).

NewAdventure29.jpg

The circle is complete. My journey into GA collecting started with Doiby's Batman #47 and now I finally have one!

1721009-Batman47.JPG

Low grade, but it's got some nice gloss and good page quality. Call it a starter copy.

I'm very happy. cloud9.gif

one of my favorites...I try to buy all the "good" ones I see (just sent some mula to PT for a copy)

rick

I love this cover and just picked it up, real clean copy easy VG+, but has a faded cover, back is perfect and bright, pages are off-white to white, bummer. Never seen one in high grade, but it will do till I find one.

With out further adu, maybe the best FRAZETTA Cover ever!

WeirdScience29.jpg

IS the best Frazetta cover ever.

Thanks, I agree 100%!! I just wish it had the original cover color unbleached by sun, that circle of bright orange is where the sales sticker at the Comic shop was on the mylar. This baby was in the sun too, long!

#16: Not a very "adventurous" cover, but it's the highest-graded copy & used to belong to Ghost Rider himself! 27_laughing.gif

NewAdventure16.jpg

NewAdventure19.jpg

#29: Another great Flessel cover. The colors are wonderful in person (my scanner does a horrible job).

NewAdventure29.jpg

Outstanding! hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

So how many do you have now? Are you going to do the entire run?

Thanks for the warm welcome gang! I really love looking at all these great books. I bought More Fun 35 from a good friend who runs a shop in town. He had the book for years and would bring it to the shop from time to time. I never thought I'd score such an old book and the best part is the early Bob Kane art. (started in issue 31). Pre-Batman Kane is cool with me. I'm really shocked how these books have survived over the decades. Real history and I'm hooked, bad.

Thanks for the warm welcome gang! I really love looking at all these great books. I bought More Fun 35 from a good friend who runs a shop in town. He had the book for years and would bring it to the shop from time to time. I never thought I'd score such an old book and the best part is the early Bob Kane art. (started in issue 31). Pre-Batman Kane is cool with me. I'm really shocked how these books have survived over the decades. Real history and I'm hooked, bad.

Welcome Mo Fun!! And you are hooked "good"

grin.gif

NewAdventure16.jpg

NewAdventure19.jpg

NewAdventure29.jpg

I only have 8 issues so far. I just posted a pic in the Group Shot thread. I'd love to have the run, but it's almost impossible. I'm just picking up a book here & there when I can.

NewAdventure16.jpg

NewAdventure19.jpg

NewAdventure29.jpg

I only have 8 issues so far. I just posted a pic in the Group Shot thread. I'd love to have the run, but it's almost impossible. I'm just picking up a book here & there when I can.

Cool. Gonna go all the way back to #1?

We'll see. I like the New Adventures & non-hero Adventures more than any of the New Comics, so I probably won't go after any of them until I've acquired a good chunk of the later books. Another consideration is $$$ - I'm broke-as-a-joke after those latest three books. yeahok.gif I'll probably be slowing way down as far as buying for a while.

Sorry that it's belated, but congrats on your big purchase! thumbsup2.gif

We'll see. I like the New Adventures & non-hero Adventures more than any of the New Comics, so I probably won't go after any of them until I've acquired a good chunk of the later books. Another consideration is $$$ - I'm broke-as-a-joke after those latest three books. yeahok.gif I'll probably be slowing way down as far as buying for a while.

Sorry that it's belated, but congrats on your big purchase! thumbsup2.gif

I know all about being broke! grin.gif

Survive on trades, like I am for now, while re-capitalizing.

Nice low grade copy. I've always liked this book too and hope to grab an affordable low grade myself one day.

The circle is complete. My journey into GA collecting started with Doiby's Batman #47 and now I finally have one!

1721009-Batman47.JPG

Low grade, but it's got some nice gloss and good page quality. Call it a starter copy.

I'm very happy. cloud9.gif