• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gif

Now I gotta figure out where your avatar picture is from....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's from All Good Comics, the Rick Evans story. It so small you can't read it but it says, "Global Command, calling Rick Evans. Come in Rick Evans". I think that Rick Evans cat is the bomb!

Awesome!

how cool is that, you got your own comic poke2.gif

http:cgcavatar.jpg

My second Lou Fine Fox book. Not as nice condition-wise as the Wonderworld 11, but for under 2.0 guide I couldn't pass it up.

Great cover on this one. cloud9.gif

My first pre-1940 comic book. cloud9.gif

mysterymen4.jpg

My second Lou Fine Fox book. Not as nice condition-wise as the Wonderworld 11, but for under 2.0 guide I couldn't pass it up.

mysterymen4.jpg

For under 2.0 guide value, I'd buy that book all day long! cloud9.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

mysterymen4.jpg

I'm glad someone finally bought that. I've been tempted by it for months, but just couldn't get over the corner.

I'm glad someone finally bought that. I've been tempted by it for months, but just couldn't get over the corner.

Yeah, I went back and forth as well. It isn't that bad in hand, as the cover really draws the eye away from it. The guy knocked off $50 from the BIN price and gave me free shipping, so I couldn't walk away from it. I am glad I bought it, really cool book.

Yeah, I went back and forth as well. It isn't that bad in hand, as the cover really draws the eye away from it. The guy knocked off $50 from the BIN price and gave me free shipping, so I couldn't walk away from it. I am glad I bought it, really cool book.

That's a heckuva price. Nice score. 893applaud-thumb.gif

When I started collecting comics again about 4 years ago, I said Paul just focus on Silver age Marvel, and DC's Showcase title. Keep my interests small in hopes of completing nice full silver age runs. Quickly that expanded into a few more DC titles and most early bronze and all bronze keys.

When last year I decided after completing 95% of my marvel, and huge chunks of DC at least keys and short and or early runs, to collect GA Timely's, I thought cool I can stay focused on these few titles. Captain America, MMC, All Select, All Winners, and all GA Cap books. That should be more than enough to keep me busy for the next 20 years. I was so wrong, since joining the boards I have found myself interested in so many diff. books my head is spinning. So I just picked up my first two Planet Comics in high grade VF- range issue 50, and 55! I will post pics later next week when they arrive. Very excited, keeping up with my new found interests and the Jones's is expensive! 27_laughing.gif

When I started collecting comics again about 4 years ago, I said Paul just focus on Silver age Marvel, and DC's Showcase title. Keep my interests small in hopes of completing nice full silver age runs. Quickly that expanded into a few more DC titles and most early bronze and all bronze keys.

When last year I decided after completing 95% of my marvel, and huge chunks of DC at least keys and short and or early runs, to collect GA Timely's, I thought cool I can stay focused on these few titles. Captain America, MMC, All Select, All Winners, and all GA Cap books. That should be more than enough to keep me busy for the next 20 years. I was so wrong, since joining the boards I have found myself interested in so many diff. books my head is spinning. So I just picked up my first two Planet Comics in high grade VF- range issue 50, and 55! I will post pics later next week when they arrive. Very excited, keeping up with my new found interests and the Jones's is expensive! 27_laughing.gif

That's the same way Billy Parker started out. So look at his collection and see yourself in ten years! A broke, surly, bitter old man with one incredible assortment of comics!

That's the same way Billy Parker started out. So look at his collection and see yourself in ten years! A broke, surly, bitter old man with one incredible assortment of comics!

sign-funnypost.gif

you may be right; and don't call me Surly!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

you may be right; and don't call me Surly!

mysterymen4.jpg

Nice! There are far less noble goals than collecting 1938-1940 Lou Fine Fox covers. Great job!!

f

I've got the broke and bitter part down, and can do a great surly on demand, where do I go to pick up the books? Or do they mail them out to me? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

f

I've got the broke and bitter part down, and can do a great surly on demand, where do I go to pick up the books? Or do they mail them out to me? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Just what you need. A complete, low grade reader collection to go with all your high grade books!

I guess this is technically early Silver, but I think the mid-to-late 1950's Wonder Woman books are so tough to find that I consider them late Gold instead. Here's a recent pick-up:

wonderwoman113.jpg

Lovely copy Win! thumbsup2.gif

And here's another with the similar blue background, 44 issues earlier:

Nice book. Probably tough to find a good looking copy since the blue gradient can easily be stained or look awful with aging. I will refrain from other commentaries about the cover image though ...