• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

and, I remember the Little Black Sambo stories (chasing the tigers into butter?) in # 7?....

Yeah...I'm looking forward to reading that one... 893applaud-thumb.gif

When you do, try to remember to let us know whether the story seems to take place in India or Africa. Originally set in India, it apparently migrated at some point to Africa, where there are no tigers.

Jack

Very nice!!

Thanks.

Did Gruelle do the artwork on the whole series, including Four Color books?

I only have books from the regular series and all of them have art by Gruelle so logically thinking since it is his creation he probably did.

Did he ink as well?

I imagine so???...

Maybe he's even the mystery letterer that I was wondering about in the Four Color thread. Does this have elegant, almost italic lettering sort of like Eisner sometimes used on The Spirit? Those wallpaper cover backgrounds are really eye-catching.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We know that this type of work was often farmed out (Charlie Brown, Little Lulu, Dennis the Menace etc) so I wouldn't be too certain it was Gruelle. I do like those wallpaper covers and if I can come across the right copy I would pick one up.

New addition and tough book (for me) to find in grade...Top Notch #5. cloud9.gif Okay, I'm addicted to GA flag covers!!!

Thanks to Bill Hughes for working out a deal on this gem! flowerred.gif

456460664_386e62ea39_b.jpg

GE

Top notch book sir! Well done and great to see. Thanks for posting

Schommy

New addition and tough book (for me) to find in grade...Top Notch #5. cloud9.gif Okay, I'm addicted to GA flag covers!!!

Thanks to Bill Hughes for working out a deal on this gem! flowerred.gif

456460664_386e62ea39_b.jpg

GE

Nice...congrats. Virtually any MLJ is tough to find in 7.0 unrestored condition, much less this issue

Steve

Just purchase at the Toronto Comicon today. I love the cover and the art inside is really good!! I think this is one of the best purchases I have made in a long time.

Going to send this comic to CGC to see what additional information they can find on it. (NO graded copies)

Note: This comic is not listed in the Overstreet Price Guide!

Space Comics # 58 - Captain Valiant app. (Britsh Comic) B&W Interior

scan0007-3.jpg

Thanks for the link but I already did my research before I bought it!! I read the website already. I am hoping that CGC will be able to find more information about the issue than what I found. For example, first apperances. character apperances, actual date/month/year, etc...... I am still researching it and haven't even seen a picture of this particular issue on any website yet!!

Happy happy happy happy happy. People give Richie Muchin serious *spoon*, but let me tell you, he has the goods. I passed on the cover detached Pep 24 today for these two babies:

fight021.jpg

jungle033.jpg