• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

You guys are picking up some great books....

Andy , that red on your Fight is phenomenal....I've got a CGC 8.0 on that one, with the orange variety.

Well, this showed up today, not high grade, but a great black cover...and presents well except the general color flaking along the spine.....It has nice off white/White 893applaud-thumb.gif pages which for lower grade Doll Man is not that easy to come by. 893applaud-thumb.gif1836628-ComicScan0560.JPG

1836628-ComicScan0560.JPG.8b464d1489a410e5e23aea17ccf09d11.JPG

Ken, if your scanner is still shooting things a little dull, then the colors on this book must just explode. Very pretty!

Edited by MrBedrock

Ken, if your scanner is still shooting things a little dull, then the colors on this book must just explode. Very pretty!

The reds and yellows are pretty accurate but the green is washed out in the scan.

Ken

The reds and yellows are pretty accurate but the green is washed out in the scan.

Ken

It's the "blue" receptors in your scanner that prevents the blues, greens and purples from being all they can be.

That's a very nice copy!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Two new hotties just checked in to Club Bedrock!

jumbo13.jpg

Are they considering this a "bondage" cover b/c a gorilla is tied up, or am I missing something? confused-smiley-013.gif

I noticed that you never responded to my question Rich. You respond to everyone else's comments. You'll give me a complex and make me think you don't like me anymore. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

More to the point, I think Rich has gone silent because his secret has been revealed. He is into bondage covers, but not of the girls - its the animals he likes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 893whatthe.gifstooges.gif

Here are two pick-ups at the Paradise Toronto Comicon today!!

Amazing-Man Comics #16 CGC 6.5 (OW/W Pages)

HPIM1789.jpg

Great Comics #1 CGC 8.0 (C/OW Pages) - This is a beautiful cover by L.B. Cole and best of all it was cheap!!

HPIM1785.jpg

Here are two pick-ups at the Paradise Toronto Comicon today!!

Amazing-Man Comics #16 CGC 6.5 (OW/W Pages)

HPIM1789.jpg

Great Comics #1 CGC 8.0 (C/OW Pages) - This is a beautiful cover by L.B. Cole and best of all it was cheap!!

HPIM1785.jpg

wow, great AMC 16!...the great comic is "great" too, but I sure do like that AMC!

gator

These came in today...

AmazingMysteries339.jpg

wondeful amazing mysteries 33--that book is NEVER seen in grade. way to go, sir.

did you mean that book is never seen in drag?

gator

In my opinion, this is one of L.B. Cole's best covers ever. It is not given its due in large part because it is so common.

The dealer who sold it to me said it was common but I had to buy it because of the cover. The colours are so vibrant. I need to get those Photojournals!

In my opinion, this is one of L.B. Cole's best covers ever. It is not given its due in large part because it is so common.

The dealer who sold it to me said it was common but I had to buy it because of the cover. The colours are so vibrant. I need to get those Photojournals!

It is relatively common in high grade for a GA book, but that doesn't make any less cool to own. thumbsup2.gif