• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

Here she is, my very first GA book. Everything is attached. Cream, supple pages. A few chips out of the top and some spine wear. Slight tearing 1/8" at the staple. Just a tiny bit of reflectivity left. Oh well, i'm happy. Anybody like to venture a guess on the grade? Would be greatly appreciated and would help me get a handle on GA grading standards.

Well, my attachment is there but I can't get it to show up in the post without clicking on it. Sorry, i'm new at this. confused.gif

Welcome to the boards, great MMC! Great way to Pop your cherry!

As to posting in the body, open a photobucket account. www.photobucket.com its free, then down load your scans/pics into photo bucket. After this you can click on image while you are posting, you will see it under Instant UBB Code and color fonts. Copy the url and presto chango it will appear! Good Luck!

Glad to have you aboard!

Paul

Here she is, my very first GA book. Everything is attached. Cream, supple pages. A few chips out of the top and some spine wear. Slight tearing 1/8" at the staple. Just a tiny bit of reflectivity left. Oh well, i'm happy. Anybody like to venture a guess on the grade? Would be greatly appreciated and would help me get a handle on GA grading standards.

Well, my attachment is there but I can't get it to show up in the post without clicking on it. Sorry, i'm new at this. confused.gif

As to posting in the body, open a photobucket account. www.photobucket.com its free, then down load your scans/pics into photo bucket. After this you can click on image while you are posting, you will see it under Instant UBB Code and color fonts. Copy the url and presto chango it will appear! Good Luck!

Glad to have you aboard!

Paul

Paul, you are the man. Thank You for the direction.

Mike

mmc78.jpg

Edited by hockey&comicsguy

...Well, my attachment is there but I can't get it to show up in the post without clicking on it. Sorry, i'm new at this. confused.gif

I think you can use the attachment's URL.

Oops, Nevermind.

I see you've got it up now.

Glad to have you aboard!

Paul

Paul, you are the man. Thank You for the direction.

Mike

?action=view&current=mmc78.jpg

Did you click on URL or Image? Your pic is not embedded. Click on IMAGE then copy URL with http;// from your photobucket and then it should show up.

Paul

Great to see all these wonderful, rarely-seen books being posted lately...congrats to all! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's a recent purchase...a classic Crandall cover from Doll Man #5! Highest Graded too! cloud9.gif

524952176_8ff6e335a7_b.jpg

"...once the candle burns, you will be in total DARKNESS!! (insert lurid scream) " 27_laughing.gif

GE

How come the cover is signed "A.S. Bryant"? Is that a pseudonym Crandall used? By the way, gorgeous book 893applaud-thumb.gif

Angelo

A very nice cover, indeed, Angelo.

Al Bryant did a lot of covers for Quality and many of them are quite good -- good enough even that when they aren't signed some people mistake his work for Crandall's.

I think Great Escape's name is Dino, can't recall his EBay handle?

Peter,

My eBay ID is stars-and-stripes, but I get a laugh out of dinom99 since my last name is M------ and I had the DINOM vanity plate a few years back. 27_laughing.gif

I have bought from and sold to "dinom99" and found him very easy to deal with. angel.gif

Hockey&comicsguy-- congrats on your first Timely! 893applaud-thumb.gif You're not shy about making a splash...Tec 33 is a big-time book. Anyway, thanks for looking at my Cap #26. Hope you nab a nice Cap soon! thumbsup2.gif

Dino

Great to see all these wonderful, rarely-seen books being posted lately...congrats to all! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's a recent purchase...a classic Crandall cover from Doll Man #5! Highest Graded too! cloud9.gif

"...once the candle burns, you will be in total DARKNESS!! (insert lurid scream) " 27_laughing.gif

GE

How come the cover is signed "A.S. Bryant"? Is that a pseudonym Crandall used? By the way, gorgeous book 893applaud-thumb.gif

Angelo

A very nice cover, indeed, Angelo.

Al Bryant did a lot of covers for Quality and many of them are quite good -- good enough even that when they aren't signed some people mistake his work for Crandall's.

Thanks for the clarification. You're right, hadn't you explained it to me I would've thought it was Crandall. Beautiful work, regardless.

Angelo

Thanks, it was Batman 33 though. My Tec was the 97. Although I would certainly trade a Bat 33 for a Tec 33. Oh well, someday. And please let me know if you're going to offer up any more Caps. This month is probably shot but it won't be long before I have a Cap in my greedy little palms.

GE

This is a really attractive book. Congrats on the pick-up.