• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,443 posts in this topic

I am quite thrilled to have picked this book up in San Diego from Ted at Superworld. A very difficult issue that I have been looking for in nice shape. The reds are much brighter in person.

Ken

slambang3.jpg

I saw that one (what a cool cover) - it is nice copy :applause:

Steve,

Since you did not but it, I now know that my mental ability to influence people's thoughts is effective. Had I seen the Master Comics you picked up from Richard before you, I would have done the same thing. Oh well, at least I got one book.

Ken

I am quite thrilled to have picked this book up in San Diego from Ted at Superworld. A very difficult issue that I have been looking for in nice shape. The reds are much brighter in person.

Ken

slambang3.jpg

Wow, that is cool! :applause: I've never seen that one before. I've always thought "sword-wielding" covers might be a fun theme to collect.

I have to say though, "Eric" is kind of a weak name for a lion. Lions should be named things like "Numa" or "Simba." :sumo:

I have to say though, "Eric" is kind of a weak name for a lion. Lions should be named things like "Numa" or "Simba." :sumo:

Could be worse ... you could, I don't know ... have a Tiger named Tawky Tawny ... Oh, Fawcett did! doh!

Wonderful book! :applause:

You gonna crack out that Action 158 and read it? I am curious about something...what was baby Superman called by Jor-El and Lara? I read that the name Kal-El wasn't introduced until Superman 113 in 1957.

:sorry: I would however like to pick up a reading copy of this issue. I have wanted a copy of this book for a long time. It's a hard issue to find in an affordable grade.

I bet at least one of the board members know the anwser to your question.

Mike

Nice. Did you just win that book or was it yours before the auction? I almost bid on it.

Ken

sen41.jpg

just won it (wanted to keep the thread going)...I got outbid on the double cover, but this one was so cheap (probably because of the miscut), I had to take a shot

gator

My daughters book!

hm Didn't this used to be yours?

sensationcomics72.jpg

Yup...I remember the date stamp on the front cover. I always liked that cover for some reason. Maybe because the house looks haunted. hm

Glad it went to a good home.