• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,415 posts in this topic

With a word of thanks to MCMiles for selling me a book he really didn't want to sell (and for throwing in a small discount to boot), I'd like to present a recent purchase from the Tampa Comic Con. Sure, its not high grade, nor slabbed (two things that are normally a must if I shell out over $100 for a book), but the great Schomburg cover really caught my eye and the White back cover and pages didnt hurt either.

I see the Census reports a number of copies graded between 8.0 and 9.2, PM me if you know of a upgrade copy available for sale as I would be interested. Thanks!

Blackterror4front-1.jpg

Blackterror4back.jpg

With a word of thanks to MCMiles for selling me a book he really didn't want to sell (and for throwing in a small discount to boot), I'd like to present a recent purchase from the Tampa Comic Con. Sure, its not high grade, nor slabbed (two things that are normally a must if I shell out over $100 for a book), but the great Schomburg cover really caught my eye and the White back cover and pages didnt hurt either.

I see the Census reports a number of copies graded between 8.0 and 9.2, PM me if you know of a upgrade copy available for sale as I would be interested. Thanks!

Blackterror4front-1.jpg

Blackterror4back.jpg

Amazing book. The scan can not show off that amazing cover as well as I would like.... Frickin Nazis...

Blackterror4front-1.jpg

Blackterror4back.jpg

Kudos! :applause: For some reason I think I've seen a similar graded copy for sell on metropolis comics.

Bought this a couple of weeks ago. :cloud9:

sCatman31.JPG

Whet, awesome cover - one of my favorites by L.B. Cole! (thumbs u

Thanks Bonds. I thought this book would be a person_without_enough_empathy to find but about the time I seriously started hunting it down, this copy appeared on eBay. So it was just meant to be. :cloud9:

Blackterror4front-1.jpg

Blackterror4back.jpg

Kudos! :applause: For some reason I think I've seen a similar graded copy for sell on metropolis comics.

:gossip: Bob highgrade & Metro co-own the copy I mentioned. If I remember correctly, they picked it up from Bob Beerbohm.

This was one of the considerations obtained from stagedoorjohnny last week as we concluded a deal.

I think of BangZoom and jbcomicbox when I look through and handle this wonderful book - it just reeks Golden age! :cloud9::banana:

000_0084.jpg

This was one of the considerations obtained from stagedoorjohnny last week as we concluded a deal.

I think of BangZoom and jbcomicbox when I look through and handle this wonderful book - it just reeks Golden age! :cloud9::banana:

000_0084.jpg

:applause:

000_0084.jpg

Can't go wrong with a Larson and a robot cover! :applause:

000_0084.jpg

Can't go wrong with a Larson and a robot cover! :applause:

Nice book!

Should we begin the countdown for it's de-slabbification?

Thanks all (and especially to Dennis for the book :cloud9:) - the Prize 4 screams "Ack!" and "Thbbt!" to me, also :headbang:

Already done, a.s. - the interiors on this book are very entertaining, pure early GA (lovin' it).

Thanks all (and especially to Dennis for the book :cloud9:) - the Prize 4 screams "Ack!" and "Thbbt!" to me, also :headbang:

Already done, a.s. - the interiors on this book are very entertaining, pure early GA (lovin' it).

lol Should have known!

Blackterror4front-1.jpg

Blackterror4back.jpg

What a nice copy, and I really like the cover art. It's one I haven't seen before.

Ken