• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

i'm proud of a geek. beautiful book. show us a page or two of check marks, why don't you?

Thanks everyone.Here is a page showing the check marks that identify a Cosmic Aeroplane.

tecsplash1.jpg

Thanks for letting us check her out. I mean see the check marks. :whistle:

Congrats XL!!!!!! (thumbs u

If you ever want to sell :takeit: in a heart beat!!!!!

Thanks,I'll keep you in mind if I ever lose mine...

:P

hell, i'm going to keep him in mind in case i ever want some forged check marks on a book to fake a c.a.---those things almost look real!!!

Thank you GE that is a great copy you got there. (thumbs u I never see the #55 around too often and I'm looking forward to cracking this one out of its shell.

that is a gorgeous book. now that we're talking d.c.'s, here's my d.c. collection in full formation. just stuck it over in group.

dcs.jpg

I like a lot of the cover selections you picked out. Really nice collection.

Ken

Wow a little bit of everything.Very nice

Well, I finally figured out how to use my scanner, so here's a sweet book I bought a few months back (one of my favorite EC sci-fi covers) :cloud9:

wf17-1.jpg

If possible, could you please let me know via the board (or PM) if the size of the scan is good before I scan all my books. Also, is there an easy way to post the scans straight from my computer hard-drive (instead of putting everything on Photobucket)?

Well, I finally figured out how to use my scanner, so here's a sweet book I bought a few months back (one of my favorite EC sci-fi covers) :cloud9:

wf17-1.jpg

If possible, could you please let me know via the board (or PM) if the size of the scan is good before I scan all my books. Also, is there an easy way to post the scans straight from my computer hard-drive (instead of putting everything on Photobucket)?

looks nice....

I am sure you can direct your scans to a file on your hard drive, should be in your instructions

rick

Well, I finally figured out how to use my scanner, so here's a sweet book I bought a few months back (one of my favorite EC sci-fi covers)

Outstanding!!! Great book to show off the new scanner as dinosaur covers rule!

Bigger is better. I try to scan so that they are in actual size -- so far I don't have too many complaints. I scan at 96dps which is the resolution appropriate for images on the web and then I save them as jpg with a quality that keeps the size between 200k and 300k.

You don't have to use photobucket if your file size is below 200k. When you make a post just click on the "File Manager" and you'll be able to attach a jpg. I personally like using photobucket but that's partly because I keep re-posting the same links.

wf17-1.jpg

Everytime somone posts a gorgeous copy of an EC book (like this) I have to spend the next few days talking myself out of collecting them :frustrated:

Thanks for posting! The size looks fine; I usually have two images per book saved. One is a large size, and the other is a reduced size for posting in the forums, emailing, or on my comicspace page.