• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,441 posts in this topic

Some new and recent arrivals to post.

I bought this one yesterday. Walked into my LCS and the owner asked if I collected Frazetta Famous Funnies covers. It seems he bought a complete set. My initial response was "No," but then I said, "I think there's only two answers to that question if you collect golden age: yes and let me see the books."

FamousFunnies215vg.jpg

Structurally, this book has great gloss and is probably a 6.5 to 7.0. Unfortunately for the book and fortunately for my wallet, someone used this book as a base to slice something with an exacto knife. There's a two-inch slice through the cover near the woman that goes into the first five or six pages. That knocked the grade down to VG.

Killer Frazetta cover!

Saw this book posted on this forum awhile ago, with the mention that the villains look like Homer Simpson. So browsing through ebay one night I put a low bid, perhaps $10, and won it. Glad I did, has a great Hitler beat down story inside, also in better condition than I thought.

Super Dooper #7

SuperDooper7.jpg

Lots of great books lately so might as well add one myself...and have a cigar while I'm at it. No... let's make that two ci-gars!!

2_cigars.jpg

RK_1_front_cover_lg.jpg

Great Maneely cover, MC. (thumbs u

Agreed - very striking! :golfclap:

A couple of Fights in the mail today - 54 and 57 - More Senorita Rio to read

You're straying quite far a field from your "Month" collection these days. Is there any specific theme(s) to what you go for?

A couple of my newest acquisitions ... :cloud9:

amazingadventures4.jpg

weirdthrillers5.jpg

The Amazing Adventures 4 is one of my favorite 50's covers. Great artwork inside too. Where did you get such a nice copy? The colors are outstanding.

Ken