• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,418 posts in this topic

Is that HIT 11 as rare as it seems? Haven't actually went after one, but that bear cover is great!
The only other one I've ever seen since I started collecting the Gerber cover covers in 2003/2004 was on eBay with a detached cover and amateur resto as I recall and it still went for something like $200. It's like the Rocket 3 where I've only seen one other and it was in worse shape (a Rocket 3 on eBay in Poor sold for more than I could pay at the time).

Well ... SOMEONE has to lose!!!
Of course the karma angle just occurred to me, what with my needing a New Adventure 27 also. It's going to be some race to find one of those...

Well, best of luck to you on that one!!

On the other hand, I'll beat you with a stick if you find an AMF 2/2 before me!! :baiting:

And I couldn't afford Mr. Bedrock's two latest acquisitions!

Neither could Mr. Bedrock....

:o

I am selling off my collection of moderns :P

Let's pretend I could afford that Marvel Mystery of yours. What is the asking price for it?

Shawn

it says 10Cents on the cover (shrug)

I suspect mr bedrock will not be revealing costs on a killer book like that (just for privacy reasons), but if you know chicago's and you know high grade MMC, it is heavy 5 figure book easy

For just a VF #5? It's not like a 9.4 Mile High book? (I know it's gorgeous and all, but is MM 5 a key?

Also, Mr Bedrock being a dealer and all, I would assume it's for sale and has a pricetag...

Of course the karma angle just occurred to me, what with my needing a New Adventure 27 also. It's going to be some race to find one of those...

On the other hand, I'll beat you with a stick if you find an AMF 2/2 before me!! :baiting:

yeah Ryan, since you're looking for AMF 2/2, leave the AMF 2/4 for me OK!!!! :headbang:

Let's pretend I could afford that Marvel Mystery of yours. What is the asking price for it?

Shawn

I suspect mr bedrock will not be revealing costs on a killer book like that (just for privacy reasons), but if you know chicago's and you know high grade MMC, it is heavy 5 figure book easy

not if you have photos of the seller in a compromising situation :gossip:

Shawn

For just a VF #5? It's not like a 9.4 Mile High book? (I know it's gorgeous and all, but is MM 5 a key?

Also, Mr Bedrock being a dealer and all, I would assume it's for sale and has a pricetag...

Actually most of my time spent on the boards is me being a geeky comic collector.

So the books I scan and post are books from my collection.

If I were posting something to sell it would be in the marketplace.

Or, as my evil dealer alter-ego would say, "Please visit our web-site...www.bedrockcity.com"

Shawn

not if you have photos of the seller in a compromising situation :gossip:

hm

I'll get a padded shirt ahead of time. :D

But maybe we'll find two...?

For just a VF #5?  It's not like a 9.4 Mile High book? (I know it's gorgeous and all, but is MM 5 a key? 

No, it's not the Church copy nor is it a 9.4.  But it is the Chicago copy of one of the most desirable issues in the entire run and one of Schomburg's most classic covers.  It's also scarcer than a hen's tooth. 

Congrats, Richard!  That book is beautiful... what a trophy. (worship)

me being a geeky comic collector

I'd be happy to testify to that! (thumbs u

I'll get a padded shirt ahead of time. :D

But maybe we'll find two...?

Two sticks? Then I'll beat you with both!! :devil:

oh, two AMF 2/2's!!! Well, we can dream!! Thats a heck of a book!

Jack, the Tracy books are listed in the 2007 OS Guide on page 554. They are the Large Feature Comic #1 (1939), #4, #8 and #11.

The Lone Ranger book is listed on page 703 of the 2007 OS Guide. It is Large Feature Comic #3 (1939).

Definitely not books you see everyday! (thumbs u