• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,451 posts in this topic

I just blew most of my Clink, HA, and Wondercon money on this one. This is a book I have wanted for awhile and was too good a deal to pass up :)

phpThumbphp.jpg

cheese and rice!!!!!!!! man, what a book. way to go Ronaldo.

That book has it all! First, it's a Hangman...second, it has a classic Harry Lucey cover...third...it's a SanFrancisco copy and fourth, it has great stories with off-white pages. Extraordinary!

Forget the heroes, it's all about the girl in the tube :cloud9:

Women in tubes......... :cloud9:

I just blew most of my Clink, HA, and Wondercon money on this one. This is a book I have wanted for awhile and was too good a deal to pass up :)

phpThumbphp.jpg

That book has it all! First, it's a Hangman...second, it has a classic Harry Lucey cover...third...it's a SanFrancisco copy and fourth, it has great stories with off-white pages. Extraordinary!

Been thinking about getting my wife a big glass tube for the living room. Thought she could lay inside of it(perhaps upside-down) with an alarmed look on her face while I watch TV.

I guess I'm just a romantic guy. :cloud9:

that zoot is a hoot

You should see the interior on that one! It's amazing what you can do with a rope, a stake and a bamboo shoot. Oh, and a girl.

Scans! We demand scans!

phpThumbphp.jpg

Been thinking about getting my wife a big glass tube for the living room. Thought she could lay inside of it(perhaps upside-down) with an alarmed look on her face while I watch TV.

I guess I'm just a romantic guy. :cloud9:

I've got to agree with you boys on the "women in tubes" thing. Maybe I'll get a nice one for the girlfriend for Valentines Day.

Sorry boys...gonna break protocol and show this one again.

:cloud9:

th_daringmystery3-1.jpg

the boys at ponscon know how stoked I was to get this book!

caamf-1.jpg

and how well we knew he was stoked; we were getting a clock elapsing play-by-play that put apollo missions' ground control to shame. all while i was trying to concentrate on poker. i think we were happier that he won that he was because he finally shut up.

but it is a beauty, isn't it?

I can't wait to see it Rick.

What a great book!

And very few are unrestored.

caamf-1.jpg

and how well we knew he was stoked; we were getting a clock elapsing play-by-play that put apollo missions' ground control to shame. all while i was trying to concentrate on poker. i think we were happier that he won that he was because he finally shut up.

What a great book!

Sure is a pretty 8.0 to boot!!

caamf-1.jpg

What a great book!

Sure is a pretty 8.0 to boot!!

and, what is even better, is that scan is from my scanner (i.e. it is already in da house baby!)

OK, as promised, here is the rest of the books I got from my friend....I realized that the 2nd row of Startlings are on Ebay, so I'd better post these while I still have them. The Super Magicians really surprised me, some very good stories...(If I ever get the time to finish reading them;)

A few are horrid plus, but there are actually a few that are better than VG :cloud9: Just all wonderful!

So, thank you again, Richard :foryou: For helping me find these incredible books...

speed.jpg

starling.jpg

blueribbon.jpg

magician.jpg

magiciana.jpg

magicianb.jpg

phpThumbphp.jpg

Tubes in women......... :cloud9:

phpThumbphp.jpg

Tubes in women......... :cloud9:

:o

Wow, Sharon, you just don't mess around do you?

SERIOUS collection!! Congrats on some truly awesome books! :golfclap:

Thanks:) it helps when you collect lower grade, a big bunch of mine, cost the same as one of some of the beautiful books that have been posted;) but I get to play with them;)

Thanks:) it helps when you collect lower grade, a big bunch of mine, cost the same as one of some of the beautiful books that have been posted;) but I get to play with them;)

Its nice to be able to see these great comics cover to cover, isn't it? I'm browsing through a few at the moment!! :cloud9:

Its nice to be able to see these great comics cover to cover, isn't it? I'm browsing through a few at the moment!! :cloud9:

Exactly! Blackstone the Magician is explaining all his magic tricks throug science, VERY interesting:) and who knew;)? :cloud9:

OK, as promised, here is the rest of the books I got from my friend....I realized that the 2nd row of Startlings are on Ebay, so I'd better post these while I still have them. The Super Magicians really surprised me, some very good stories...(If I ever get the time to finish reading them;)

A few are horrid plus, but there are actually a few that are better than VG :cloud9: Just all wonderful!

So, thank you again, Richard :foryou: For helping me find these incredible books...

speed.jpg

starling.jpg

blueribbon.jpg

magician.jpg

magiciana.jpg

magicianb.jpg

JEE-zus. Some of those comics you just don't see...but to see them all together...Nice job! :applause:(worship)

Thanks, Jon:)

I usually put a few of the books I buy in lots, on Ebay to help defray a drop of the costs...but I just spent about 6 hours in the past two days on the phone with them. I had not ONE but 2, 0 feedback bidders, on two expensive auctions,one day apart, who then proceded to announce for very strange reasons, that they were not going to pay. Both had false contact information...it's really weird like crazies are coming out of the woodwork...since they heard about the changes...

I just got a phone call telling me the 2nd person was tossed off as well;) but

I'm going to participate in the selling boycott on Ebay and buying on Ebay until after the 24th... therefore, I'll have time to read :)

I know not too many people here sell or buy on Ebay, but if they do, I hope they will consider joining the boycott from the 18th to the 24th...

Thanks, Jon:)

I usually put a few of the books I buy in lots, on Ebay to help defray a drop of the costs...but I just spent about 6 hours in the past two days on the phone with them. I had not ONE but 2, 0 feedback bidders, on two expensive auctions,one day apart, who then proceded to announce for very strange reasons, that they were not going to pay. Both had false contact information...it's really weird like crazies are coming out of the woodwork...since they heard about the changes...

I just got a phone call telling me the 2nd person was tossed off as well;) but

I'm going to participate in the selling boycott on Ebay and buying on Ebay until after the 24th... therefore, I'll have time to read :)

I know not too many people here sell or buy on Ebay, but if they do, I hope they will consider joining the boycott from the 18th to the 24th...

Why is there a boycott? (shrug)