• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,450 posts in this topic

A couple of Gems I acquired at Fla. Super Con yesterday:

017-2.jpg

and another classic (now off my want list) - Fairborn copy:

007-2.jpg

Those are two super cool books SN :applause:

I really like the Spy Smasher cover. Fantastic finds!! :applause:

calling all boardies, calling all boardies; the addition of this book leaves me missing only M. Men 7 to get that set [thru 7/40] complete. please pm me with the #7 that will make me whole.

mysterymen12.jpg

Very nice (worship) ... you really only need one more? hm

The old geek works fast.

calling all boardies, calling all boardies; the addition of this book leaves me missing only M. Men 7 to get that set [thru 7/40] complete. please pm me with the #7 that will make me whole.

mysterymen12.jpg

Can't recall when I've seen that book posted before? Nice one Billy.

mysterymen12.jpg

my experience in making the call on which ones are hard and which aren't is limited, as i'm less than a year into this fox thing---BUT it seemed to me this was a rarely seen one, and when it went up on ebay with a buy it now a couple weeks ago, i jumped on it.

thanks surfer.

mysterymen12.jpg

my experience in making the call on which ones are hard and which aren't is limited, as i'm less than a year into this fox thing---BUT it seemed to me this was a rarely seen one, and when it went up on ebay with a buy it now a couple weeks ago, i jumped on it.

thanks surfer.

:applause:

Thanks to Roy for knocking this one off my wantlist. Only one issue left to go in the Whitman mini-run.

planet65.jpg

LOVE the colors.

You can have the colors. I'll take the blonde. :cloud9:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

da2.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

sold my entire collection to get this.

famous last words, i know, but this is my last book for a very long while.

a dream that came true.

Ben.

p.s. the wife & baby will just have to live with it :sumo:

I give it 3 months in your collection before you sell it. lol

You golden age guys are as fickle with your "grails" as a modern variant collector.

Still, a really cool and interesting book. :applause:

You golden age guys are as fickle with your "grails" as a modern variant collector.

lol Andy,

very true..... though, not all GA collectors, mainly just me and my "grails" doh!

this one, this one i plan to have around for much longer......... i know this because there is no other book in the world i would rather have!

B.

Thanks to Roy for knocking this one off my wantlist. Only one issue left to go in the Whitman mini-run.

planet65.jpg

LOVE the colors.

Glad it finally made it! I'm always amazed at the little details these GGA artists put into these works...stuff like the "tiny' air pocket between her ribs at the lower hem of her her top, or the green garter showing on the right leg of the girl on Fantastic Comics #4, or ...well you get the idea!

lol Andy,

very true..... though, not all GA collectors, mainly just me and my "grails" doh!

this one, this one i plan to have around for much longer......... i know this because there is no other book in the world i would rather have!

B.

It's not just you though. I have noticed a lot of golden age collectors go nuts over a book and then sell it soon after. I am occasionally guilty of it myself...though I only ever had one book that I considered a grail, my Mask 2, and that will never be sold.

The one that takes the absolute cake is the guy who made a post about how he had been waiting for a 9.0 copy of ASM 13 for forever, and how this was his grail that he wanted more than anything. The book popped up in the marketplace THE SAME FREAKIN DAY. That one about knocked me out of my chair.

da2.jpg

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u And a big YAHOO!