• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Three more Tip Tops courtesy of skypinkblu - Thanks Sharon! :applause:

Have a #50 on the way from Jim Payette. The end is in sight!

TipTop33_36_37sm.jpg

Congrats buddy (worship)

ahhh, closing runs is no big deal. NOT! well done Theagenes.

After being outbid on several Heritage auction books (tried to stay disciplined!), I "rewarded" myself with this hand painted and colored Shelly Moldoff original art. As everyone knows, Moldoff was best known for his early art on Green Lantern (All American), Flash and Hawkman (Flash Comics) and as primary ghost-artist for Bob Kane's Batman. For you trivia buffs, Moldoff's first published DC work was a sports filler inside the front cover of Action Comics #1. :cool:

In his later years, Moldoff did a series of detailed color recreations for his cherished fans (most were single-character and half this size). Measuring a whopping 22 x 30 inches, this one-of-a-kind piece was completed 12 years ago and is perhaps his largest, most complex and ambitious recreation featuring of a large grouping (15) of DC's greatest superheroes:

2496955306_f064ba4df3_o.jpg

What's even more exciting for me is seeing many of these super-heroes in "Classic Cover" poses: Green Lantern #3, More Fun #54 (Spectre), Adventure #44 (Sandman), All Star #10 (Hawkman), Superman #24, etc. :grin: Tailor-made to fit my collecting interests!

:banana: This beauty will be framed and proudly displayed in my bed, er (sorry honey!).. home office! :banana:

GE

After being outbid on several Heritage auction books (tried to stay disciplined!), I "rewarded" myself with this hand painted and colored Shelly Moldoff original art. As everyone knows, Moldoff was best known for his early art on Green Lantern (All American), Flash and Hawkman (Flash Comics) and as primary ghost-artist for Bob Kane's Batman. For you trivia buffs, Moldoff's first published DC work was a sports filler inside the front cover of Action Comics #1. :cool:

In his later years, Moldoff did a series of detailed color recreations for his cherished fans (most were single-character and half this size). Measuring a whopping 22 x 30 inches, this one-of-a-kind piece was completed 12 years ago and is perhaps his largest, most complex and ambitious recreation featuring of a large grouping (15) of DC's greatest superheroes:

What's even more exciting for me is seeing many of these super-heroes in "Classic Cover" poses: Green Lantern #3, More Fun #54 (Spectre), Adventure #44 (Sandman), All Star #10 (Hawkman), Superman #24, etc. :grin: Tailor-made to fit my collecting interests!

:banana: This beauty will be framed and proudly displayed in my bed, er (sorry honey!).. home office! :banana:

GE

:applause:

GE

:o

Congratulations! :applause:

GE

That is really cool! (worship)

Congrats GE.

Wasn't this owned by a Board member already?

Possibly....is Brad Mandell from Dublin, OH on the boards? (shrug)

If so, Brad would primarily post on the OA Forum as he focuses on high-end art (his eBay store lists a $26k GA Wonder Woman cover and a $18k Alex Schomburg & Siegel "Jon Juan" page). :o

Great seller and nice to deal with....

GE

Congrats GE.

If so, Brad would primarily post on the OA Forum as he focuses on high-end art (his eBay store lists a $26k GA Wonder Woman cover and a $18k Alex Schomburg & Siegel "Jon Juan" page). :o

GE

I think you may be thinking of this one from my collection that I posted earlier this year. It seems Shelly liked this idea and did at least two of them (with slight differences)! :o

Moldoff2.jpg

Congrats GE.

GE

I think you may be thinking of this one from my collection that I posted earlier this year. It seems Shelly liked this idea and did at least two of them (with slight differences)! :o

Moldoff2.jpg

Very cool piece! :applause: For your version, Robin has left to attend to the Bat Signal call, but the gorgeous Black Canary drops in for a visit.

GE

Two new additions to my collection this week:

Whiz Comics 154 CGC 7.5 Off-White Pages

2548309926_386583b024.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures 50 CGC 8.5 Off-White Pages

2548309958_237b367ce8.jpg

Edited by Timulty

The Third Man is technically a British film. :gossip: The production company was British, as was Carol Reed, the director, and Graham Greene, the writer.

It's one of my favorites.

and written as an original screenplay as i recall; i'm a first edition collector and have many of Greene's books but not this one. it's a 'treatment' of the movie and i think came out about a year after.

The Third Man is technically a British film. :gossip: The production company was British, as was Carol Reed, the director, and Graham Greene, the writer.

It's one of my favorites.

and written as an original screenplay as i recall; i'm a first edition collector and have many of Greene's books but not this one. it's a 'treatment' of the movie and i think came out about a year after.

Yes, that's correct. From Wikipedia:

"Before writing the screenplay, Greene worked out the atmosphere, characterization, and mood of the story by writing a novella. This was written purely to be used as a source text for the screenplay and was never intended to be read by the general public, although it was later published."

I read a few of Greene's books two summers ago and really enjoyed some of his lighter fair such as Our Man in Havana and The Confidential Agent. I also tried one of his more serious works, Heart of the Matter, and found it extremely depressing. Incredibly well-written, but painful to read.