• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

I've noticed even the Airfighters with classic WW2 covers usually sell for a notable discount off guide on ebay - are you going for those as well - or just concentrating on the Airboy run for now?

Yes, for now I am concentrating on the Airboy part and then I'll slowly fill in the Air Fighters. Probably not the smartest but it'd be nice to finish off the Airboy part first and I already have 69 of the 89 Airboy issues.

Here's another example of how far off Guide is on Airboy. I bought this one in March for $44 shipped to me while 2002 Guide is $151 so I paid 30% of Fine Guide for a pretty copy. I'd have to pull it back from the box to grade it but it's VG or thereabouts -

very nice. you'll have great fun with the air fighters. i love em.

afs.jpg

I've noticed even the Airfighters with classic WW2 covers usually sell for a notable discount off guide on ebay - are you going for those as well - or just concentrating on the Airboy run for now?

Yes, for now I am concentrating on the Airboy part and then I'll slowly fill in the Air Fighters. Probably not the smartest but it'd be nice to finish off the Airboy part first and I already have 69 of the 89 Airboy issues.

Here's another example of how far off Guide is on Airboy. I bought this one in March for $44 shipped to me while 2002 Guide is $151 so I paid 30% of Fine Guide for a pretty copy. I'd have to pull it back from the box to grade it but it's VG or thereabouts -

very nice. you'll have great fun with the air fighters. i love em.

afs.jpg

nice...sure hope I get to see them in Oct :baiting:

That's a great price for a book with such a beautiful cover. :applause::cloud9:

beautiful jo-jo.

while we're dealing with airboy, allow me to post one of my 10 favorite non-timely books in the collection.

afjaprats.jpg

Stunning! Wonder if there are any other "circle A" books around?

I went to a small show in Northern VA today and picked up some nice books.

This one was courtesy of one of my favorite dealers, Dave Reynolds of Dave's All American. A nice Gerber "8".

Whirlwind1.jpg

This one is from Gene Carpenter who is local to me and doesn't go to enough shows! He has one of the best inventories around!

Nice scarce book.

TerryToons.jpg

Finally, this was from Mark Nathans who runs the Baltimore Con and gratefully pulled this beauty aside for me.

Popular2.jpg

I went to a small show in Northern VA today and picked up some nice books.

This one was courtesy of one of my favorite dealers, Dave Reynolds of Dave's All American. A nice Gerber "8".

Whirlwind1.jpg

This one is from Gene Carpenter who is local to me and doesn't go to enough shows! He has one of the best inventories around!

Nice scarce book.

TerryToons.jpg

Finally, this was from Mark Nathans who runs the Baltimore Con and gratefully pulled this beauty aside for me.

Popular2.jpg

nice books counselor; love the whirlwind.

Occasionally, I get to acquire a rare high grade gem for peanuts...and yet still be amazed at how it managed to make it to the modern day in such amazing shape.

Atlas War Title - Check

Unheard of 9.4 Condition - Check

Unheard of page quality - Check

Unheard of brightness & level of preservation - Check

Pedigree - Check

all for less than the cost of any fairly common late 70s Avengers issue in 9.8. (thumbs u

CombatCasey26cgc94f.jpg

CombatCasey26cgc94b.jpg