• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Thanks to COI for this fairly tough issue.

zfhfight322.jpg

Super tough to find with the colours that nice! Congrats on the pick-up! Jealousy urges me to hope that you paid through the nose for it, but I will try to contain that dark side of me... :devil:

Super tough to find with the colours that nice! Congrats on the pick-up! Jealousy urges me to hope that you paid through the nose for it, but I will try to contain that dark side of me... :devil:

My dark side wants me to tell you this was sold in the Marketplace here for a fair price and it could have been yours :devil:

Great book :applause:

After watching this thread for along time now, and seeing a multitude of wonderful, beautiful and fantastic books coming into all of your collections, I have come to the conclusion that no one here is working on a run of anything. Have you all completed your big runs already?

Heres my newest pick up.....yea, its a Police..... AGAIN........ :hi:

Police65.jpg

I've been wanting a nice copy of this book for a while and found this one in Long Beach.

Ken

flyingsaucers1.jpg

Avon sci-fi :luhv:

Sweet!

What's the interior story like? :popcorn:

Have you all completed your big runs already?

I have no interest in completing runs of anything....thank god. I see people all the time throwing good money away on books they have no interest in, but "have" to have for their runs. For whatever reason it's one part of collecting that has never caught my interest and it frees me up to buy only the coolest issues from each series. :)

Nice book!

I'm working on a lot of runs, I just get easily distracted;)

:hi:

Same here. Working on probably 8 or so runs (thumbs u

I'm working on the Jumbo 68-130 run, but I'm down to about 13 or 14 more and it's getting harder to find them. Bummer.

It looks like I'm now working on Fight Comics 49-86 now also since I can't find the earlier Fights easily or the Jumbos I want.

here is a neat little pair

wonder.jpg

Dang! Is that the Susan-restored #2? Look like she did a great job!

I thought about picking up the #2 from Metro, but the restoration looked more expensive than the book!

Nice set Gator!

I have no interest in completing runs of anything....thank god. I see people all the time throwing good money away on books they have no interest in, but "have" to have for their runs. For whatever reason it's one part of collecting that has never caught my interest and it frees me up to buy only the coolest issues from each series. :)

I'm totally with you...I have issues I'm interested in but for the most part have no real interest in filler issues that hold no interest for me. A few characters I like enough to consider getting their runs (short ones) but so far I haven't acted on that. Every time I think about doing that then I think what else that money could go for and I stay away from the runs.

I'm totally with you...I have issues I'm interested in but for the most part have no real interest in filler issues that hold no interest for me. A few characters I like enough to consider getting their runs (short ones) but so far I haven't acted on that. Every time I think about doing that then I think what else that money could go for and I stay away from the runs.

When the Photojournal first came out, I got to page 11, Action 33-57, and realized that I wanted every book on that page in nice shape. That goal has since expanded slightly to 29-63, and I'm just three books away from completing it. One of those three is in the NOV Heritage auction. :wishluck: