• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

I have to give major thanks to rick for hooking me up with one of my all-time grails today. Thanks again. This one's a keeper for sure. Man I absolutely love this book. :banana:

2UYY2CADGNF5JCAZXV5VNCA3DKZM8CA3-1.jpg

Congrats HBO... thats a helluva copy too. Not easy to find a decent unrestored copy!

Rick to the rescue again! :applause:

I have to give major thanks to rick for hooking me up with one of my all-time grails today. Thanks again. This one's a keeper for sure. Man I absolutely love this book. :banana:

Congrats HBO... thats a helluva copy too. Not easy to find a decent unrestored copy!

Rick to the rescue again! :applause:

Glad to see that book has found a loving home :applause:

big, big congrats. i'm proud for you.

Is that a cover by Montana?

Yes I believe it is,even though Overstreet credits Irv Novick.

I think the GCD also lists it as a Novick cover. Obviously wrong. It is signed and looks like work by Montana, if you can read the fine print on the blackboard which I couldn't.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

attaway HBO! I've lusted after that book for a long time. Every time I would see it in Rick's box, I'd try to convince him to let me trade for it. Steadfastly he refused. I'm glad to know the temptation has been removed from his box

(worship)

attaway HBO! I've lusted after that book for a long time. Every time I would see it in Rick's box, I'd try to convince him to let me trade for it. Steadfastly he refused. I'm glad to know the temptation has been removed from his box

(worship)

:acclaim: thank you guys. I talked to rick 9 months ago about this book but the timing just wasn't right at that time. I really wanted it though and i'm just glad he hadn't sold it. The next highest unrestored cgc copy is 9.4 :o so this is as good as it gets for me on this book.

my pleasure!

(worship)

:acclaim: thank you guys. I talked to rick 9 months ago about this book but the timing just wasn't right at that time. I really wanted it though and i'm just glad he hadn't sold it. The next highest unrestored cgc copy is 9.4 :o so this is as good as it gets for me on this book.

that is what I found... and, quite honestly, I was happy with the book, but as travis will tell you, we went back and forth a wee bit and I am happy that it will be enjoyed for many years (heck, even I kept it almost 3 years, just a great book!)

(worship)

that is what I found... and, quite honestly, I was happy with the book, but as travis will tell you, we went back and forth a wee bit and I am happy that it will be enjoyed for many years (heck, even I kept it almost 3 years, just a great book!)
That's like 21 years for a typical collector. :kidaround:

(worship)

I generally keep my big books for an average of 6 years it seems. Just sold a bunch of 04 books....

05's next year?

(worship)

I generally keep my big books for an average of 6 years it seems. Just sold a bunch of 04 books....

05's next year?

I keep mine awhile too..."oldest" GA book in my collection is my All Select 1---going on 9 years in two months :grin:

(worship)

05's next year?

I keep mine awhile too..."oldest" GA book in my collection is my All Select 1---going on 9 years in two months :grin:

That is a vault book for sure. My first true vault book is my Tec 31. I can easily say it will not be sold as long as I can hold onto it.

there are some books I have had since I restarted collecting 5 years ago...namely my World's Finest run.... still upgrading, still have them all!

there are some books I have had since I restarted collecting 5 years ago...namely my World's Finest run.... still upgrading, still have them all!

hey gator, i filled the hole! not much book, i grant you, but the rivet run is again complete. i'll upgrade if one comes across my radar.

planet6-1.jpg

A recent pickup from Heritage:

Not sure why I got this, other than the fact that in 40 years of collecting comics, I've never had one.

madhatter.jpg

you got it because it is a new kind of comic book. you have had enuff of the old kind.

A recent pickup from Heritage:

Not sure why I got this, other than the fact that in 40 years of collecting comics, I've never had one.

madhatter.jpg

you got it because it is a new kind of comic book. you have had enuff of the old kind.

(thumbs u

hey gator, i filled the hole! not much book, i grant you, but the rivet run is again complete. i'll upgrade if one comes across my radar.

planet6-1.jpg

Very cool cover. I don't know if you want to bother with it, Billy, but that book is begging to be pressed. If you listen carefully, you can hear it's furtive pleas.