• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,420 posts in this topic

Three new very fun arrivals today. I'm particularly stoked about the Comic Cavalcade #1. I've been looking for the right copy for a while now, with a clean, nearly perfect, spine edge. Many of the square bound GA books suffer lots of paper loss on the that edge. This one looks marvelous.

:)

cc1andothers.jpg

Nice Bill! I agree with Fuelman, that Ibis looks cool.

Three new very fun arrivals today. I'm particularly stoked about the Comic Cavalcade #1. I've been looking for the right copy for a while now, with a clean, nearly perfect, spine edge. Many of the square bound GA books suffer lots of paper loss on the that edge. This one looks marvelous.

:)

cc1andothers.jpg

Very nice trio :applause:

BTW, Comic Cavalcade #24 is a great book. The Green Lantern story features the last GA appearance of Solomon Grundy (Dec-Jan 1947-48). A lot of people think All-Star Comics #33 (Feb-Mar 1947) is his final appearance because at the end of it he is stranded on the moon, and then when Grundy returned in the SA in Showcase #55, Gardner Fox continued the story from All-Star Comics #33 and brought Grundy back from the moon. But in Comic Cavalcade #24, Grundy does indeed come back from the moon (I think he walks on a moonbeam!). I guess it was forgotten (or ignored) when the SA story came about.

For reference sake....

Showcase55.jpg

What a nice selection of books! :applause: Can't wait to see the Comic Cavalcade in person.

Comic Cavalcade #1 has always been one of my favorites of the "fun" style DC GA covers. An Irwin Hasen re-creation hangs on my wall.

ComicCavalcade1-1.jpg

(worship)

This is my favorite Comic Cavalcade cover:

CavalcadeF.jpg

I remember seeing it reproduced in the 1977 OSPG, and the Good price was 12.00. I was eleven years old, and saved to buy a copy. But I never found a mail order dealer who had one at that price. I finally got the book this year from a boardie.

new raboy; thanks go to a boardie for it.

capmid18.jpg

Nice pick up Billy. Not sick anymore but lost all my #'s. Call me tomorrow so we can finally catch up

Great cover!

thanks guys; i love it, but it's cap't midnight 17 i'm hot for now--go check that bad boy out. just a killer raboy cover, missed by o'street.

new raboy; thanks go to a boardie for it.

capmid18.jpg

Nice pick up Billy. Not sick anymore but lost all my #'s. Call me tomorrow so we can finally catch up

Great cover!

thanks guys; i love it, but it's cap't midnight 17 i'm hot for now--go check that bad boy out. just a killer raboy cover, missed by o'street.

:cloud9:

108899.jpg.b333439e373c073990489f2628aa8b20.jpg

well, it's not a raboy, but was simply going too cheap on ebay and i refused to let it go. raboy or not, still a pretty great fawcett cover.

cma5.jpg

Very nice Billy. :applause:

Fawcetts are contagious so be cautious. Their affordability makes them even more difficult to resist

...and here's another (hey, it even has my name on the cover):

SilStr6.jpg

pq? what a book!

Natural off-white and supple.

Mod (P) resto brought the price down to a very affordable level.

Took me about 7 seconds to crack the slab, just my kinda book. :cloud9:

Heres my 1 Captain Marvel that i got a few months ago but just got around to scanning. This was one of my 1st purchases when i got back into collecting last year. I dont have any other minis but i thought this one was pretty cool and it was unbelievably cheap for a 65 year old 9.6!

GAcm.jpg