• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,428 posts in this topic

I didn't realize Palais worked on Dr. Midnite. I've always had a soft spot for the character and an appreciation for Palais's work so thanks for pointing it out.

i was first runner-up at the pageant where this book was a finalist. it turns out that the winner can't serve out his term, and i get to ascend to the title of mr. vancouver! thanks so much to a boardie for putting me into this book. i just love it.

bb21.jpg

That's a gorgeous book, Billy!

i'd never seen one before it went up in the auction--as i recall, it is not in gerber. fell in love with it, but a buddy of mine won it over me. but he put me in first dibs position, and never forgot me.

and thanks.

i was first runner-up at the pageant where this book was a finalist. it turns out that the winner can't serve out his term, and i get to ascend to the title of mr. vancouver! thanks so much to a boardie for putting me into this book. i just love it.

bb21.jpg

Never saw this book before and that Vancouver pedigree sure is something. Need to find me a neat book from this collection. Way to go StrawPal. (thumbs u

bb21.jpg

Never saw this book before and that Vancouver pedigree sure is something. Need to find me a neat book from this collection. Way to go StrawPal. (thumbs u

there's a nice vancouver up in the sales forum now. heard the seller is a really reasonable guy.

bb21.jpg

there's a nice vancouver up in the sales forum now. heard the seller is a really reasonable guy.

That's a "Straw-Man". (It begins :hi: )

bb21.jpg

I wonder if you were bidding against Vaughn ? That looks like a paratrooper cover to me. Very nice bp :applause:

bb21.jpg

I wonder if you were bidding against Vaughn ? That looks like a paratrooper cover to me. Very nice bp :applause:

thanks 'mac; the boardie was not vaughn, tho' i thought of him way back when it first appeared. in fact, the pennsylvania of this book sold recently and i hoped it was the 'trooper who won it. never saw it posted here, however.

bb21.jpg

thanks 'mac; the boardie was not vaughn, tho' i thought of him way back when it first appeared. in fact, the pennsylvania of this book sold recently and i hoped it was the 'trooper who won it. never saw it posted here, however.

Glad to part with it for the great Billy Parker!

another lucky find...

Action58001.jpg

"Slap a Jap"???

LMAO...that's hilarious :)

I don't see that one show up very often, great cover because it totally reflects society at that time and is so different than what would be acceptable today.

Probably not too much love for this one, but it has sentimental value to me. The 1st time I went to San Diego with my father (when I was only 18) we saw a double cover copy of All Star Comics #32. Funny thing was, next year at SD we saw the exact same book again at another dealers table. 2 years later we saw the same book for a 3rd time! I always think of my father when I see this cover.

allstar32.jpg[/img]

bb21.jpg

Glad to part with it for the great Billy Parker!

:frustrated: Where was this auctioned off at? I didn't even get to bid :frustrated:

Edited by Paratrooper

Probably not too much love for this one, but it has sentimental value to me. The 1st time I went to San Diego with my father (when I was only 18) we saw a double cover copy of All Star Comics #32. Funny thing was, next year at SD we saw the exact same book again at another dealers table. 2 years later we saw the same book for a 3rd time! I always think of my father when I see this cover.

allstar32.jpg[/img]

Cool book, and an even cooler story :applause: