• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

Latest addition is this Top-Notch 9 that I picked up a few weeks ago.

Top-NotchComics9CGCVF-75.jpg

always have loved this cover. well done, sir.

Very nicely done! I had to settle for a purple label.

Thanks guys! It's a little outside of my DC/Quality comfort zone, but hey, change is good, right? (shrug)

So who's the lucky guy that got the under copy? hm

Still at CGC. Sent it in with Value Tier sub so it should be back in a couple of years. :tonofbricks:

Great books Jeff! The Lost Valley is very nice! Liked your 9.8 Sparkler a couple pages back too!!

Thanks David. I got my JC Funnies back from CGC too with some pleasent results and upgraded my 36. I'll post them all in your ERB thread in a bit.

I am glad to ge the kind words RareHighGrade. I know most posters in this thread like same types of books, which are different than what I collect. I like to find rare high grade #1's that are more obscure and odd. Glad to hear a few people like them. Thanks.

I'm astounded by your ability to find fabulous copies of these obscure comics. I enjoy every one you post. :applause:

Me too! I'm loving 'em. (thumbs u

Keep 'em coming, Earthshaker. There's a lot of people here enjoying your rarely seen books. :applause:

Count me among them.

Thanks guys! It's a little outside of my DC/Quality comfort zone, but hey, change is good, right? (shrug)

Indeed it is Todd. That's a great book, congrats on the new branch in your GA tree :applause:

A little change never hurt. The colors on that are phenomenal! :o

I was fortunate enough to see this book at Mega-Con. It looks like it was literally printed yesterday. Amazing preservation and color saturation.

Thanks George. It's true the scan doesn't do it justice, especially with that annoying inner well glare. I was never in a rush to slab it because it looked so good in the mylar.

It's a very under-appreciated book too. It's the only real Buck Rogers cover from the early part of the run and the last until the Frazetta covers years later. It's one of the earliest Buck Rogers covers of any kind, coming out between BR 1 and BR 2 (probably cross -promotion).

It also seems to be fairly scarce even though it shouldn't be. The only other slabbed copy is the 5.0 Rockford and even though runs of the surrounding issues show up all the time, this issue issue is always missing.

was down to my very last tracked lot on the wright books, and finally got a win. just so happens to be the book i like best out of the 10 or so i was following. very happy to have an upgrade on this wonderful funny-book. undercopy in market tonite.

ss3.jpg

was down to my very last tracked lot on the wright books, and finally got a win. just so happens to be the book i like best out of the 10 or so i was following. very happy to have an upgrade on this wonderful funny-book. undercopy in market tonite.

ss3.jpg

Great win! :applause:

ss3.jpg

Great win! :applause:

really...last of 10 is 10th place...horrible that parker has to suffer with this wrong wright...

ss3.jpg

Plus...you now own a "Billy Wright" ped...for your "ped" collection...

The best of two World's...Congrats!!! (thumbs u

ss3.jpg

Billy, you made the Wright choice! (thumbs u :insane:

FamousFunniesLVCGC90fc2.jpg

I was fortunate enough to see this book at Mega-Con. It looks like it was literally printed yesterday. Amazing preservation and color saturation.

why only 9.0. looks brand-spanking new.