• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,428 posts in this topic

I was very excited to get a Flash #89 recently in a collection of GA books I purchased, it is a tough issue to find and I was quite happy with the condition.

IMG_6101.jpg

That was a couple of weeks ago, I finally got around to completing re bagging and boarding the books tonight. When I got to the Flash 89 I opened it up to check the page quality for my notes, and you can imagine my surprise and excitement when I discovered THIS:

IMG_6103.jpg

Awesome. (thumbs u

I think this one will be in my collection shortly. Been wanting a copy for a long time :cloud9:

Adventure79_1.jpg

Such a great book huge congrats that is a fantastic copy!!

Really an underappreciated GA book. Nice pickup!

I was very excited to get a Flash #89 recently in a collection of GA books I purchased, it is a tough issue to find and I was quite happy with the condition.

IMG_6101.jpg

That was a couple of weeks ago, I finally got around to completing re bagging and boarding the books tonight. When I got to the Flash 89 I opened it up to check the page quality for my notes, and you can imagine my surprise and excitement when I discovered THIS:

IMG_6103.jpg

Awesome. (thumbs u

+1

I think this one will be in my collection shortly. Been wanting a copy for a long time :cloud9:

Adventure79_1.jpg

Such a great book huge congrats that is a fantastic copy!!

Really an underappreciated GA book. Nice pickup!

Thanks everyone!

Fantastic book! Always been one of my favorites

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6103.jpg

Awesome. (thumbs u

+1

What a great surprise :)

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6103.jpg

Wow, very cool! You didn't know this when you bought it?

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6103.jpg

Awesome. (thumbs u

+1

What a great surprise :)

+1, very cool cover. How much does the value go up on the book if it gets advertised as "Poison Ivy prototype". hm

Simon and Kirby are no loner the cat's meow, I guess, but man I still love them!

lf_zpsifdkuszu.jpg

I like those too. Here are a couple more... I really like #4

comcharliechan4_zpsq3ixiwad.jpg

comcharliechan2_zpsdczlnebe.jpg

Two good ones. I think the only other book I have from that run is issue 6 (from after Charlton picked up the series). It's in the other guy's slab.

They don't seem to come up for sale very often.

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6103.jpg

Wow, very cool! You didn't know this when you bought it?

No, I had no idea. It was part of a large collection I purchased, every book of which required fresh bags and boards, this was literally the second to last book I looked at! Saved the best for last apparently.

Nobody has more fun smashing a guys face with a helmet than Joe.

One of my favorite Norman Saunders covers of the run.

GIJoe8_zps01c4a96a.jpg

Beautiful book. Joe is always smiling.