• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Joe is always smiling.

That's because Mama's got a squeeze box she wears on her chest...

Who?

I was very excited to get a Flash #89 recently in a collection of GA books I purchased, it is a tough issue to find and I was quite happy with the condition.

IMG_6101.jpg

That was a couple of weeks ago, I finally got around to completing re bagging and boarding the books tonight. When I got to the Flash 89 I opened it up to check the page quality for my notes, and you can imagine my surprise and excitement when I discovered THIS:

IMG_6103.jpg

Wow, very cool! You didn't know this when you bought it?

No, I had no idea. It was part of a large collection I purchased, every book of which required fresh bags and boards, this was literally the second to last book I looked at! Saved the best for last apparently.

Incredible!! I imagine your pm box will blow up :gossip: That copy is just stunning on the inside cover.

Don't believe I've ever posted here...

Found some Pictures in my files of a few of the handful of GA books I own. (they are all restored but still pretty and cool).

All American 19

GoldenAgestuff.jpg

That's a helluva way to start!

I know I just posted this over in "Show me your Timely's," but I am so happy to have this book that I could not resist posting it here as well. Thanks again AnkurJ.

IMG_00221_zpspfpsvlxh.jpg

Congrats so cool of a cover!

I know I just posted this over in "Show me your Timely's," but I am so happy to have this book that I could not resist posting it here as well. Thanks again AnkurJ.

IMG_00221_zpspfpsvlxh.jpg

Congrats so cool of a cover!

+1. Love the early Atlas logo too! :applause:

I just got in a Fight Comics from Ted's new collection.

Looked great at first glance, but there's a hit of color touch on the spine, not excessively hard to spot, and edge trimming. :(

Hate to say this, as I really like Superworld!, but check your books carefully when they roll in. I will sadly have to return this one.

I just got in a Fight Comics from Ted's new collection.

Looked great at first glance, but there's a hit of color touch on the spine, not excessively hard to spot, and edge trimming. :(

Hate to say this, as I really like Superworld!, but check your books carefully when they roll in. I will sadly have to return this one.

Yikes! Thanks for the tip.

If the OO of that collection did something to one book, I guess it's likely he did something to others. I bought three books, but haven't received them yet. :wishluck: