• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

I just got in a Fight Comics from Ted's new collection.

Looked great at first glance, but there's a hit of color touch on the spine, not excessively hard to spot, and edge trimming. :(

Hate to say this, as I really like Superworld!, but check your books carefully when they roll in. I will sadly have to return this one.

Yikes! Thanks for the tip.

If the OO of that collection did something to one book, I guess it's likely he did something to others. I bought three books, but haven't received them yet. :wishluck:

Anytime. :foryou: Looking at other books on the site, I don't see any obvious red flags of resto. It seems like kind of a hodgepodge of conditions and most likely not original owner... my guess is the vast majority will be fine, but worth a careful look sooner than later.

Another one that I dearly love...a small bit of professional color touch somewhere.

It's funny - My eye was naturally drawn to the two female nudes all these years and I just noticed for the fist time that the two dudes closest to the bottom have badly singed wings.

The innocent drawn to the flames of Evil... doh!

Mask%201HD_zpsrqdh6tka.jpg

Another one that I dearly love...a small bit of professional color touch somewhere.

It's funny - My eye was naturally drawn to the two female nudes all these years and I just noticed for the fist time that the two dudes closest to the bottom have badly singed wings.

The innocent drawn to the flames of Evil... doh!

Mask%201HD_zpsrqdh6tka.jpg

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm

I just got in a Fight Comics from Ted's new collection.

Looked great at first glance, but there's a hit of color touch on the spine, not excessively hard to spot, and edge trimming. :(

Hate to say this, as I really like Superworld!, but check your books carefully when they roll in. I will sadly have to return this one.

Sorry to hear that .5 :foryou:

This one is not as earth shattering as many, but still cool none the less. How often do you see Powerhouse Pepper in a conga line ? ....... and the Wolverton art inside is top notch...... It wouldn't surprise me if R Crumb read Wolverton when he was a lad. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DSCN2206%202.jpg

DSCN2207.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

This one is not as earth shattering as many, but still cool none the less. How often do you see Powerhouse Pepper in a conga line ? ....... and the Wolverton art inside is top notch...... It wouldn't surprise me if R Crumb read Wolverton when he was a lad. GOD BLESS...

DSCN2206%202.jpg

DSCN2207.jpg

Love the Powerhouse goes to the Moon story in that Joker issue.

a friend of mine picked up this little mid grade original owner run of detectives a few years ago, and was gracious enough to sell them to me (only missing the 45 as fate would have it)....

wonderful little addition to my collection (NFS)

image_zpsyyyefsrb.jpeg

and was gracious enough to sell them to me...

...after relentlessly brow-beating the poor guy.

:whee:

I'm glad you ended up with them. That took a lot of work, but you managed to pull it off. Very proud of you!

:whee:

I'm glad you ended up with them. That took a lot of work, but you managed to pull it off. Very proud of you!

:blush:

a friend of mine picked up this little mid grade original owner run of detectives a few years ago, and was gracious enough to sell them to me (only missing the 45 as fate would have it)....

wonderful little addition to my collection (NFS)

image_zpsyyyefsrb.jpeg

NFS (shrug)

...... Now I'm raging with desire for these books...... let the brow beating commence :sumo: GOD BLESS....

..... what a nice solid group..... my favorite type of grade for GA...... almost high grade but still suitable for handling...... nice, Rick :cloud9: