• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Man, nice pile! Almost finished with centaurs. You collecting Detective now?

I am getting close on centaurs!! but I've been a batman/detective collector for 30+ years.

Just got this from an US seller , printed in the US 1953 and then distributed in Mexico , those two copies remained in the US so they are in great shape thanks to the bag and board culture and because of the fact that they probably remained in a basement

jlmKa4Ml.jpg

nLJgcEhl.jpg

16905447140_8d1ceaba56_b.jpg

I like Harvey horror comics as much as EC and slightly more than Timely.

This showed up in the mail today. Since my scanner doesn't do slabbed books very well (they come out blurry), I'm sharing the picture from the eBay auction.

I might pay for the grader notes, because this is the nicest looking 5.0 I've seen.

Batman%209%20CGC%205.0.jpg

This showed up in the mail today. Since my scanner doesn't do slabbed books very well (they come out blurry), I'm sharing the picture from the eBay auction.

I might pay for the grader notes, because this is the nicest looking 5.0 I've seen.

Back cover equally nice? If so, there may be a problem somewhere inside.

Scaner tip: Just about all current scanners use a technology that results in blurry images of slabs. There are a number of older scanners -- often available cheap on eBay -- that do a better job. There is a thread in Comics General on legal-size scanners that has a list of these older scanners.

Edited to add: And it's a really nice book! :D

Edited by Sqeggs

That's a stunner. Big congrats. :applause:

Here's the back cover from the eBay pictures. The only thing I can tell about the back cover is the top staple has rust migration.

s-l1600.jpg

Certainly possible that brought the grade down some.

Looks like one of Phyllis's books, although someone did a poor job of erasing her name. Lots of Phyllis books on the market in the last year or two. (thumbs u