• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Super psyched with this recent arrival!!!!! This just REALLY makes me smile. :grin:

One of my Lou Fine grails. Courtesy of the good folk at Bedrock City.

(Shadow along right edge is from my poor photography skills, in case anyone's wondering...)

Jumbo_10_300dpi_6w_zpshvhfxzwz.jpg

I am so glad you like it. That book just walked into the store with a small stack of silver age. A total surprise.

18 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Super psyched with this recent arrival!!!!! This just REALLY makes me smile. :grin:

(Shadow along right edge is from my poor photography skills, in case anyone's wondering...)

One of the many classic Lou Fine covers :golfclap:

47 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

You take that book in any condition simply classic Lou Fine  !

43 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I am so glad you like it. That book just walked into the store with a small stack of silver age. A total surprise.

I feel really lucky to have landed this. With nothing better to do at 11:30 pm on a Friday night (yeah, I know...), I decided to scroll through Bedrock's listings, and suddenly saw the Jumbo 10 listed as a new arrival. I figured it would be gone within 24 hours, so placed my order before midnight, to make sure that I didn't turn into a toad. 

As per Chris at Bedrock, whom I spoke with the next morning, it's a good thing too, since the book was likely to be swapped that weekend at a certain Florida gathering. 

11 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

12 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

I'd be surprised too if I saw a comic book walking. :)

11 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

I feel really lucky to have landed this. With nothing better to do at 11:30 pm on a Friday night (yeah, I know...), I decided to scroll through Bedrock's listings, and suddenly saw the Jumbo 10 listed as a new arrival. I figured it would be gone within 24 hours, so placed my order before midnight, to make sure that I didn't turn into a toad. 

As per Chris at Bedrock, whom I spoke with the next morning, it's a good thing too, since the book was likely to be swapped that weekend at a certain Florida gathering. 

Tremendous pickup!

16 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Great book!  My favorite Jumbo.

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I'd be surprised too if I saw a comic book walking. :)

:roflmao:lol:signfunny::roflmao::signfunny:lol

5 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

:acclaim:

Maybe you saw the movie? -- Dead Comic Book Walking, starring Sean Pencils and Inks?

Now that's a funny post.  Might even get a chuckle out of Bedrock, that man of stone!

On 3/19/2017 at 11:29 AM, Zolnerowich said:

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Here's a few splash pages from Jumbo 10: Sheena by Powell, Stuart Taylor by Fine, and Hawk by Eisner:

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

First time I've noticed this, but did Eisner sign his work like this often? 

1 hour ago, fett said:

First time I've noticed this, but did Eisner sign his work like this often? 

Yep, one of his pseudonyms, which he used often used for The Hawk. Sometimes "Willis B. Rensie."

Seems this was a ploy to make it look like the Eisner-Iger shop had a lot more artists working for them than was actually the case.

4 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Yep, one of his pseudonyms, which he used often used for The Hawk. Sometimes "Willis B. Rensie."

Seems this was a ploy to make it look like the Eisner-Iger shop had a lot more artists working for them than was actually the case.

Maybe I'll start posting as Sggeqs.  But with that one, nobody would probably notice. :)