• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,398 posts in this topic

Here's some nifty golden age OA I recently picked up by Sheldon Moldoff from 1935 and 1937. Its amazing to me that he was 15 years old when he did the Bull Only piece, and 5 years later he drew the cover for AA16.

I love the Tarzan stomping on Mickey here.

lfCABGHH0Q-2.jpg

lfCAQIPGQ7-1.jpg

Very nice! and unusual...this stuff is so hard to find... (worship)

These just arrived from the Comiclink auction. I like the guy in the lower right of the AMF that seems oblivious to the hot shower he's about to take.

AmazingMysteryFunniesV212.jpg

AmazingAdventureFunnies1.jpg

:luhv:

The Wolverton Space Patrol story is out of this world!!! :cloud9:

AmazingMysteryFunniesV212.jpg

Recent CLink win. Art by O. Whitney (x2), M. Bailey (x2), F. Guardineer, and K. Ernst... I swear, this book's interior has the 'feel' of a late 30's DC. :cloud9:

BigShot2.jpg

the face is really scary....sweet book...

Recent CLink win. Art by O. Whitney (x2), M. Bailey (x2), F. Guardineer, and K. Ernst... I swear, this book's interior has the 'feel' of a late 30's DC. :cloud9:

BigShot2.jpg

I thought you might be interested in this one. Was tempted to bid, but did not. :hi: You're right, artistic line-up is a crossover between 1930s DC and Centaur (didn't they do that once in May of '36?)! :headbang:

:bump: No new GA in over 3 days! :o Will try to kick start thread!

Newest addition to my "Gor - Blimey" collection! :kidaround:

Yikes - never seen that one before. What are the inside stories like?

It's an MLJ book - I suspect a late number Top Notch Laugh. It has Black Hood, Dotty & Ditto, Suzie, Pokey Oakey, Stupidman and the Three Monkey-teers (?!?), Senor Siesta, Gloomy Gus, and various humor strips.

Suzie and Stupidman are not exactly what you'd expect from the cover - seems this was a few years ahead of the classic decapitation covers of Crime Suspenstories #22 and Fight Against Crime #20! I'd guess young comic buyers were "horrified" to find Dotty & Ditto and Suzie under the gruesome cover! :o

Suspect cover not mom approved, so I'm sure many found their way to the trash!