• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,391 posts in this topic

My first Church Copy! Pretty cool. It might not be a super expensive example, but I think it has great bang for the buck. Nice purples and reds on the cover, super white pages, that great Church smell, and a weird little shaman guy to give it at least a tenuous connection to my horror focused collection. Thanks to the seller!

Western21.jpg

:applause: I thought the Hitler out of the genie bottle was a Church book?

Btw, your scan on the Western or the seller's scan?

I love that purple Andy! :cloud9: and the Targets!.

The Mystery Men 3, is my favorite cover of the group, but I was very impressed when the Hit 3 was graded...it's the highest graded copy...my other books are going to be SO jealous...I may have to break up fights;)

Edited by skypinkblu

From a friend who enjoys seeing his books posted. I brought these to Chicago with the idea of selling them for my friend and wound up buying them myself:) ..so these were my Chicago stash:)

Geez Louise - I mean Sharon - that's quite a score! :cloud9:

From a friend who enjoys seeing his books posted. I brought these to Chicago with the idea of selling them for my friend and wound up buying them myself:) ..so these were my Chicago stash:)

hit30002.jpg

mm50001.jpg

mm40001.jpg

mm110001.jpg

mm120001.jpg

Wow! Great books! :applause:

Not a single cover in the bunch that I don't really really like! There all sah-weet! :cool:

Four Mystery Men issues and an early Hit in one fell swoop! You sure have nice friends, Ms Sharon!

My first Church Copy! Pretty cool. It might not be a super expensive example, but I think it has great bang for the buck. Nice purples and reds on the cover, super white pages, that great Church smell, and a weird little shaman guy to give it at least a tenuous connection to my horror focused collection. Thanks to the seller!

Western21.jpg

:applause: I thought the Hitler out of the genie bottle was a Church book?

Btw, your scan on the Western or the seller's scan?

My Headline 8 is the "Int" copy....wish it was the Church!

The seller's scan. My good scanner is back in Chicago.

Western21.jpg

That's a helluva place to start!

Four Mystery Men issues and an early Hit in one fell swoop! You sure have nice friends, Ms Sharon!

I do, I have very nice friends, I'm very lucky :cloud9: ...I also picked up some artwork...this was my favorite...I know it doesn't belong here, but I thought I'd share anyway:)

planetpage001.jpg

I do, I have very nice friends, I'm very lucky :cloud9: ...I also picked up some artwork...this was my favorite...I know it doesn't belong here, but I thought I'd share anyway:)

planetpage001.jpg

:cloud9:

planetpage001.jpg

:frustrated: This is why I miss going to Chicago. I would have been on that stuff so quick, you'd wonder how such a heavy man can move so fast.

Congrats on the pick-ups :applause:

planetpage001.jpg

That belongs here just fine.

Western21.jpg

:whatthe:

:applause:

hit30002.jpg

mm50001.jpg

mm40001.jpg

mm110001.jpg

mm120001.jpg

Gorgeous books! :golfclap:

planetpage001.jpg

Sharon - this OA is wonderful. Thanks for sharing it here! :applause:

planetpage001.jpg

wow. Number of gals that collect GA: Pretty darn few. Number of gals that collect vintage OA, ummm let's see: recalling 5 San Diego Con's, 12 years of comicart-l yahoo group, CAF, excluding Jeff Jones on the technicality of her sex change, and on or two spouses that humor their OA obsessed husbands by getting the odd page or sketch here and there, or allowing themselves to be art mules- to get in line for sketches and commissions at cons........=1. (worship)

Thanks, everyone:)

Actually we have at least one other female art/GA collector...JVR11, on the board. I found the Planet while looking for Baker art for her:)

(please don't let my husband hear about that mule thing, lol..he was kind enough to carry the pages for me.)

Edited by skypinkblu

Here's some nifty golden age OA I recently picked up by Sheldon Moldoff from 1935 and 1937. Its amazing to me that he was 15 years old when he did the Bull Only piece, and 5 years later he drew the cover for AA16.

I love the Tarzan stomping on Mickey here.

lfCABGHH0Q-2.jpg

lfCAQIPGQ7-1.jpg

planetpage001.jpg

This is a great page to have. Congrats Sharon!

Thanks, everyone:)

Actually we have at least one other female art/GA collector...JVR11, on the board. I found the Planet while looking for Baker art for her:)

(please don't let my husband hear about that mule thing, lol..he was kind enough to carry the pages for me.)

And, you succeeded in finding me some nice pages. I shall have to photograph them. :)